JOBS: Instructor - Work at Height & Lifting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 26 Apr 2023

SpanSet Ltd, established in the UK for over 50 years is part of the SpanSet International Group of companies, recognised globally for quality and...

Read more

In reply to UKC Gear:

Another job without a salary listed... Asking for salary history comes across as "how little can we get away with offering you?" That doesn't suggest that they're a good employer.

It's a shame because this sounds like an interesting job that I'd be qualified to do and in other circumstances I'd think about applying.

Fraser 27 Apr 2023
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I agree with everything you've said above but I don't actually see anywhere in the advert that asks for salary history. (maybe the ad's been edited since your post) Or were you asked for that in the next stage of applying?

In reply to Fraser:

”Written applications with CV and salary history to ..”

Right at the end.

Fraser 27 Apr 2023
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Oops, so it is, sorry. I must have filtered out that part!

Edit: just to clarify I'm not interested in the job, but really disagree with potential employers asking for your salary history. Surely what's important is what they would pay you in the future. 

Post edited at 10:25
 Doghouse 27 Apr 2023
In reply to Fraser:

, but really disagree with potential employers asking for your salary history. Surely what's important is what they would pay you in the future. 

This ^^^

muppetfilter 28 Apr 2023
In reply to Fraser:

I don't think they are going to like what Its going to cost to get someone with all that technical experience and NEBOSH.

Danbow73 01 May 2023
In reply to pancakeandchips:

I agree, I work in the industry and get annoyed that people aren't transparent about pay. I think it's unethical not to advertise salaries, as it contributes to wage supression and the gender pay gap. I wish UKC would make it requirement to provide salaries with job adverts 

In reply to Danbow73:

> I agree, I work in the industry and get annoyed that people aren't transparent about pay. I think it's unethical not to advertise salaries, as it contributes to wage supression and the gender pay gap. I wish UKC would make it requirement to provide salaries with job adverts 

Fully agree with this.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...