UKC

NEW ARTICLE: PHOTO/VIDEO DIARY: 2010 Ama Dablam Expedition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 17 Jun 2010
[Wind and clouds on the upper part of Ama Dablam, 2 kb]Between April 22 and May 7 of 2010 Philippe Gatta and Jean-Marc Wojcik climbed the Southwest Ridge of Ama Dablam (6856 m) in Nepal.

This is a diary style account of their trip with superb photographs and detailed descriptions of their itinerary. There is also a short video at the base of the article.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2809

jimpy 17 Jun 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:
an enjoyable article and video. lol at the porter carrying the fridge
 Conor1 17 Jun 2010
Fantastic that they stuck to a commitment to do the route in such good style. The decision to separate towards the end must have been a difficult one - the final section looks much tougher than they describe! Incredible stuff, and great pictures. Thanks to the protagonists for sharing.
jackcarr 17 Jun 2010

Fantastic photos. Is this the 'normal route' to the summit?
 Winston Smith 18 Jun 2010
I really enjoyed the whole package. I am very impressed by the guys' ethics.
What a great trip.
 Michael Hjorth 21 Jun 2010
Dear Philippe and Jean-Marc,

Thank you for a very enjoyable read - and the beautyfull photos and video!
Good effort and style.

And it all comes back: Did the same route in Nov 1988, also in alpine style. Only difference was that we were totally alone on the ridge and mountain! All details are locked in memory - and recognizable: The slabs, the Yellow tower, the exposed camp on the tower, all!

Michael Hjorth
Copenhagen
 Michael Hjorth 21 Jun 2010
Well, I shouldn't take focus away from the good article of Philippe and Jean-Marc.
But I cannot resist the temptation of throwing my short report from our 1988 climb into the thread...

http://www.bigwall.dk/galleri/nepal/ama_web/index.htm
 Sandrine 21 Jun 2010

Impressive and inspiring
 humpha44 03 Jul 2010
To Philippe & Jean

Inspiring article. Looking to climb Ama in november and this just makes it all the more exciting now.

ps. Philippe, big respect on your webpage. Have loved reading your other adventures...and what adventures you've had.
Daithi O Murchu 04 Jul 2010

thoroughly enjoyed that

camp 2 looks out on a limb, awesome setting

thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...