UKC

VIDEO: Livesey Light: Profile of a Mountain Photographer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 21 Nov 2014
Nick Livesey, 2 kbNick Livesey discovered the mountains of Snowdonia over a decade ago and finally moved there a year and a half ago, quitting a secure job, leaving family and friends, to live in a caravan in Capel Curig. Nick Brown has produced a short film about Nick Livesey's passion for mountain photography.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69326
 Rob Johnson 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Love it, nice one Nick!
 ChrisJD 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

What a lovely heartfelt bit of fiim.

Any chance of uploading to Vimeo in 1080P?
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:
Lovely down to earth video, well filmed and edited. It's always really interesting to get an inside look into a photographer you feel you know from viewing their images, but actually you know very little about. I'm glad you found happiness in photography, it is a lovely pastime.

Keep the images coming.
Post edited at 18:33
 Superpump 21 Nov 2014
Excellent film Nick, really captures the mood of the sublime photos. Great work.
In reply to all:
Thanks for watching and the really positive comments folks. Sadly on the day of filming we didn't have the right conditions for 'Livesey Light', especially at dawn when it was widdling down over Ogwen!

I'd just like to say that it was fantastic working with Nick Brown, a very talented young fella who really made me feel at ease.
Post edited at 20:41
 Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

What a lovely film and what a lovely bloke!

I've always admired Nick's photos on here, and this really puts them in context. Nick B's slow panning across those dramatic images is really effective.

Top notch!

Neil
 Speed Reed 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Superb video.There is a real depth to this presentation and the connection that Nick makes with his love of Snowdonia and capturing its beauty with his obvious natural talent in photography is captivating.Seems like a great bloke also.10 out of 10.
 wolf.leeb 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Great stuff

ok.. guess the location.. got them all apart from penultimate shot.. put me out of my misery please
Removed User 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Really nice wee film and good to see a candid view of a photographer whose work I follow.
 lowersharpnose 21 Nov 2014
In reply to Nicholas Livesey:

Nice one. I like your pics, you spoke well and have a good story. You have a better addiction now, for sure.
 BusyLizzie 21 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I enjoyed this. I went into the Moel Siabod cafe during my holiday in summer on purpose to see the photo gallery, and it was well worth the visit. Nice cafe too with good food and wifi.
 Dr_C 22 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant film about a brilliant photographer and nice bloke. Always like to see his photos, which are invariably 5*. Would love some prints for my walls.
 Robert Durran 22 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Thanks. Lived up to the photographs' beauty and genuineness.
 ericinbristol 22 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Just marvellous - big pat on the back for Nick L
 DrGav 22 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Wow. Really touching.
 Garbhanach 22 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Nice wee film, keep the excellent images coming, good to see someone find their "feet" and make a success of their passion.
 Chris_Mellor 23 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Ah, must visit that gallery in the Siabod Cafe.
Chis
 Tall Clare 24 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

I really enjoyed that - thank you.
 Jamie Hageman 24 Nov 2014
In reply to Tall Clare:

Lovely little film, hope to meet you sometime Nicholas
In reply to ChrisJD:

Should be in 1080p now.

Cheers, Paul.
 BALD EAGLE 24 Nov 2014
In reply to Nicholas Livesey and UKC News:

A most excellent film and excellent story of an excellent photographer so congrats to all involved!
I briefly met Nick for a couple of minutes whilst he was clicking away and I was trying to film a great reflection of Snowdon across Llynau Mymbyr in March 2013. Very nice chap too! Cheers Dave
In reply to UKC News:

There's a great selection of Route Cards from Nick here if anyone's interested - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/nicholas-livesey.php
 IM 25 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Enjoyed that. Nice one.
 felt 27 Nov 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent. I agree with Nick.
 KKilroy 06 Dec 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Hi Nick! Really enjoyed the film and ofcourse ur photography , which is absolutely brilliant! Keep up the great work! Plenty of clouds in Ireland too so give me a shout if ur over this way. Slainte, Kevin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...