UKC

MARMOT CLIP COMP (12): Hard routes, Fourth Quarry, Cambusbarron

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 15 Oct 2008
The Marmot "On Sight" Film Clip Competition

Hard routes, Fourth Quarry, Cambusbarron by Stuart Reeves

WARNING: Contains flashing images

You can watch here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1331

There are more than £1,000 worth of MARMOT prizes on offer

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS OCTOBER 31st

What You Have To Do?

Film or have filmed a short climbing or mountaineering clip, it could be of your mate leading or even a short piece acted by a whole troupe of climbers, the brief is wide open, it could be a clip of beautiful mountain scene with an environmental theme, the ascent of a boulder problem, a fall, or a funny sketch. It's up to you, but it must be your own work.

Full details here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1202
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: good video, amazing smooth climbing considering they're onsights but not too sure about 'hard' climbing as a title. Good compilation though.
 fimm 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

I like this one. Well done!
 stuaart 15 Oct 2008
In reply to Franco Cookson:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) good video, amazing smooth climbing considering they're onsights but not too sure about 'hard' climbing as a title. Good compilation though.

Yeah, the title isn't particularly good but just happened to be what I labelled it as originally. Maybe `Extreme routes' would have been more accurate...
In reply to stuaart: iy, no worries. good effort. looks like some cool routes.
 TobyA 16 Oct 2008
In reply to stuaart: The starting edit gave me a head ache but the actual climbing is good stuff.
 brieflyback 16 Oct 2008
In reply to TobyA:
> (In reply to stuaart) The starting edit gave me a head ache but the actual climbing is good stuff.

Oh. Turned it off because I thought it was all going to be like that.
 fimm 16 Oct 2008
In reply to Martin76:
> (In reply to TobyA)
> [...]
>
> Oh. Turned it off because I thought it was all going to be like that.

I liked the start... but yes, the rest is more conventional.
 stuaart 16 Oct 2008
Have now edited it slightly to cut down the beginning...
 lithos 16 Oct 2008
In reply to stuaart:

the start could well induce epileptic fits in a few people - Id put a warning flashing images on it (mind you those people affected dont always know they will be) http://www.hardingfpa.com/news.html
 andyinglis 17 Oct 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Good effort on simply climbing gobi roof, I wouldnt go near it with that shield waiting to go at 3/4 height! Has the topout deteriorate like the rest of the routes since the blasting work nearby started?

Andy
 dave o 17 Oct 2008
In reply to andyinglis:

i did it the other day. more worrying to me was that the holds and gear on the crux roof bit were all on a block which seems to be held in with some kind of mud!!

cheers
dave
 stuaart 20 Oct 2008
In reply to Franco Cookson:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) good video, amazing smooth climbing considering they're onsights but not too sure about 'hard' climbing as a title. Good compilation though.

I forgot to mention: as far as I understood, the competition was linked to the release of the film On Sight. So it wouldn't make sense to film anything other than onsight attempts, now would it?

In reply to andyinglis: The shield is gone. Malc pulled it off ages ago.

Unless you mean the one that's left? It's not that loose...not by camby standards anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...