New "waterproof" jacket leaking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 27 Mar 2024

Bought an eVent jacket recently and wore it hiking last week in what turned out to be pretty heavy rain.

The DWR didn't last very long before the fabric started wetting out and, by the evening, my fleece underneath was pretty wet.

This seems very poor for a brand new jacket.

It wasn't sweat, as I wasn't getting hot enough for that to have been an issue.

I've raised a faulty item case with the manufacturer (hence not naming the company here), but just wondering what other people's experience with eVent is?

My eVent gloves have been fine (different brand/only used for skiing). Hard to tell if my eVent gaiters were that waterproof, given that they're in the firing line of every puddle!

Jenny C 27 Mar 2024
In reply to LastBoyScout:

My event gaiters have seen a lot of use and are still waterproof - although the thick band of velcro at the front isn't breathable, so I always get wet at the front from sweat.

MG 27 Mar 2024

> .

> I've raised a faulty item case with the manufacturer (hence not naming the company here), but just wondering what other people's experience with eVent is?

Much like every other waterproof fabric. Keeps you damp and sufficiently warm!

DaveHK 27 Mar 2024

> Bought an eVent jacket 

There's your problem. 

Andypeak 27 Mar 2024

I'm not saying that it is sweat but even if you aren't getting hot you still produce large amounts of water vapour which has got to condense somewhere. 

OP LastBoyScout 27 Mar 2024
In reply to Andypeak:

> I'm not saying that it is sweat but even if you aren't getting hot you still produce large amounts of water vapour which has got to condense somewhere. 

Of course, but my legs were perfectly dry under my waterproof trousers for the same effort.

wbo2 27 Mar 2024
In reply to LastBoyScout: just go back tk the manufacturer... event isn't great, and if the DWR isn't perfect..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...