Lancashire rock book

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sabilly1 01 Mar 2024

Started to work in Lancashire and just curious if 'Lancashire rock, the definitive guide' have bouldering venues as well at trad venues? 

I wouldn't mind some bouldering venues as could be good for solo trips post work

Cheers 

Post edited at 13:12
 Martin Bennett 01 Mar 2024
In reply to Sabilly1:

There's a separate guide book called Lancashire Bouldering by Robin Muller.

(I beg his pardon for I have no idea how to put that mark over the u in his name!)

Offwidth 01 Mar 2024
In reply to Sabilly1:

There is an independent bouldering guide as well, written by Robin Mueller, and an update due at some point but it is currently out of print and hard to find.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/9780992922702/Lancashire-Bouldering-Mueller-Robi...

You can contact Robin through his profile here

https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/email.php?u=9810

Lankyman 01 Mar 2024
In reply to Sabilly1:

Yes, lots of bouldering and short soloing venues up and down the county eg Brownstones Woodwell and Warton Pinnacle Crag appear in the definite guide. There's also a dedicated Lancashire bouldering guide by Robin Mueller.

Godwin 01 Mar 2024
In reply to Martin Bennett:

>

> (I beg his pardon for I have no idea how to put that mark over the u in his name!)

If on a phone and a normal keyboard iirc, when you press the u, keep it pressed, and all the options will appear ūüûúù8

Post edited at 13:46
 Martin Bennett 01 Mar 2024
In reply to Godwin:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Thanks Godwin. I pressed the u and kept it pressed. And that's what happened. On a Windows laptop. At least I haven't altered the good author's name with the addition of an extraneous 'e' as many seem to.

Post edited at 15:24
 CantClimbTom 01 Mar 2024

Usually you can indicate a missing umlaut adding a following "e" such as Mueller, Joergen, etc if you struggle due to lacking a German keyboard layout and it's not usually considered extraneous.

Hopefully Robin M. won't be enraged by that..?

Post edited at 17:19
OP Sabilly1 01 Mar 2024
In reply to Sabilly1:

Cheers for the replies everyone! 

CameronDuff14 02 Mar 2024
 Andy Say 02 Mar 2024

> (I beg his pardon for I have no idea how to put that mark over the u in his name!)

Mūller?  Like that.

Andy Say 02 Mar 2024
In reply to CantClimbTom:

> Hopefully Robin M. won't be enraged by that..?

Röbin is infinitely chilled. Enragement is reserved for chipping and getting mud on the holds of his project.

Martin Bennett 02 Mar 2024
In reply to Andy Say:

> Mūller?  Like that.

As they say in Geordieland: "Neebdy likes a clevva boogga"! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...