Top Photos this week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisBrooke 26 Feb 2024

I just want to take a moment to appreciate the wonderful depth and breadth of our sport, in the context of the top two photos this week. In the top spot we have someone being rescued by emergency services from a crack, about 4 meters off the deck, at an urban crag, around 100 meters from a motorway(!)  Kudos to the uploader for having the humility and sense of humour to post that. I think we'd all love to hear the story!

And in second place we have someone utterly committed on a trouser-filling ridge above 6000m in a remote area of the Nepali mountains, traversing without protection where a mistake would likely mean the end of both parties..... 

For the record, I have much more in common with the former than the latter, so am not throwing stones, but I saw those two pics and literally laughed out loud at the diversity of endeavours in our fantastic sport.

Post edited at 15:05
 McHeath 27 Feb 2024
In reply to ChrisBrooke:

> I just want to take a moment to appreciate the wonderful depth and breadth of our sport, in the context of the top two photos this week.

You´re right, well spotted! I´m having difficulty in deciding in which of the two situations I´d rather be, but if I´m honest, I think I would rather be on that ridge than in the crack, even though like you I have absolutely no experience of climbing at that altitude. Probably something to do with the fact that I could still feel in control, instead of just being probably painfully stuck and helpless.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...