REVIEW: Salewa Ortles Light Mid PTX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 30 Jan 2024

This is a striking cross between a winter boot and a softer shoe, blending the low weight and forgiving comfort of one with the crampon compatibility of the other. In fact it's one of the lightest of the new generation of genre-defying mountain footwear. So how does it fare on some good old-fashioned Scottish hills? John McKenna finds out.

Read more

TobyA 30 Jan 2024
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

It's nice to see some more winter boots that aren't ridiculously expensive!

What is the ridge (ridges?) that the photos were taken on? It looks great from what we can see behind the boots!

TobyA 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

That did cross my mind - when I did it the weather was considerably more grotty so we didn't get much of a view from about a third of the way up the ridge!

In reply to TobyA:

I think that's the 4th or 5th time I've done it, but the only one with proper decent visibility

Danpowell 09 Feb 2024

Did they fit the semi-automatic crampons as they come, or do you need to swap out for a flexi linking bar?

These might be the answer to being uncomfortable in my (stiff for me) B2 boots.

In reply to Danpowell:

Hi Dan,

Yea they fit semi-automatic as come.

These are much more approach shoe like than some of the other similar models I've mentioned in the review if that also helps.

Have Salewa said anything about when their online shop will be usable again in the UK? Its been shut since Brexit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...