Boot/shoe repairs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 27 Jan 2024

I bought a pair of Scarpa  Mescalito GTX shoes about, IIRC, 18 months ago. I use them as a general walking shoe. The upper is still looking good, no failed stitching or anything else. The most comfortable shoe I’ve ever had. However, about 6 months ago gaps starting appearing between the very thin Vibram outer sole and the rest of the shoe. I’ve tried regluing but then other bits start to become unattached. Considering these shoes are now just a bit below 200 quid I think they’re worth repairing properly and I’m wondering if anyone can recommend where to take them. I believe LSR in Blackburn have a good reputation but it’s a longish drive and two way postage is nigh on 20 quid. I wouldn’t mind driving to Ambleside or Keswick - doing that occasionally already. Any ideas?

Myfyr Tomos 27 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I had a pair of ordinary Mescalito resoled by Cheshire Shoe Repairs about 18 months ago. Super job.

https://www.cheshireshoe.co.uk/hiking-boot-resoles-repairs/

alimckay 28 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

I took my Mescalitos to the Keycobbler around 6 months ago (the ones on the website with black soles might even be mine!) and I would definitely recommend and would have no hesitation going back if I need any other shoes resoled or repaired. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...