Pot noddles and flasks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 26 Jan 2024

Thinking of heading out for the day birding  tomorrow. Bought a batch of discounted pot noddles and fancy taking a few. Has anyone used hot water from a flask to make a pot noddle and does it work (water hot enough)?  Maybe I could make the pot noddles at home (in a pan with boiling water) and then tip into the flask. 

Maggot 26 Jan 2024
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Get yourself a gillie kettle, they're really good

65 26 Jan 2024

Hot water from a flask will be fine, the noodles take a little longer than usual to "cook" but it'll be done by the time it's cooled enough to eat. I wouldn't put the noodles in the flask, they'll turn to mush.

PaulJepson 27 Jan 2024

Yep works fine. Those sorts of noodles can even be cold soaked if you have the time. I used to often take some noodles, a metal cup and a flask on cold crag days. 

In reply to 65:

> the noodles take a little longer than usual to "cook" but it'll be done by the time it's cooled enough to eat. 

We're delving into the world of 'cosy cooking', with an insulated pot.

spenser 27 Jan 2024

I often just put the noodles in a thermal mug, great out on the hill in winter!

Ciro 27 Jan 2024

Best done in a crotch pot

JLS 27 Jan 2024
In reply to Ciro:

> Best done in a crotch pot

Bear Grylls recommends just pissing into the pot in order to conserve body fluids and recycle the heat.

Matt Podd 27 Jan 2024
In reply to JLS:

South Korea has just stopped the selling of Hot Poodles.

In reply to Matt Podd:

In light of your name, and the OP's typos, how about Hot Poddles...?

Matt Podd 27 Jan 2024

If you can tell me a new joke about me surname - I used to be a teacher. 

In reply to Matt Podd:

Wasn't meaning to make fun of your name, just the weird coincidence of Noddle/Poodle/Podd...

JLS 27 Jan 2024
In reply to captain paranoia:

While drawing a doodle, Podd’s poodle ate his Pot noodle. So Podd cooked his poodle and ate poodle, noodle, pot and all. Gangnam style.

In reply to JLS:

Sounds like a doddle, but he must have used his noddle. That clever young fellow named Poddle...

Jenny C 28 Jan 2024
In reply to Matt Podd:

I've had nothing new since I was at primary school, so tend to tell people if they can't think up with something original, don't bother.

George Ormerod 28 Jan 2024
In reply to JLS:

> Bear Grylls recommends just pissing into the pot in order to conserve body fluids and recycle the heat.

Well, that would improve the flavour. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...