Calendar apps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 23 Jan 2024

Looking for recommendations for a phone app where you can input appointments etc and get an email reminder the day before something is due. We used to be able to do this via Outlook but it has become so user hostile I’ve given up. There seem to be dozens of such things in appstore, so just wondering if anyone can recommend a really easy and simple version.

Lankyman 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Does your phone have a built in calendar, Rog? My current one has a Google calendar app on the screen. When I transferred over from my old phone the dates and appointments seemed to move across OK. I can put reminders in which pop up on my phone screen.

Post edited at 10:24
 Neil Williams 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

If you've got an Android phone, why not just use Google calendar?

Same for Apple - they have their own.

Fraser 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

What sort of phone do you have? I use the Samsung one which is decent and flexible.

In reply to Fraser:

> What sort of phone do you have? I use the Samsung one which is decent and flexible.

Same. Always had Samsung and use the standard calendar app. Also syncs and works well with my work appts.

Jenny C 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

As others have said try Google Calendar. 

You can set reminders to come up on your phone, or emailed you. Reminders can be set the day, week, hour, or whatever before the event.

It's also really easy to share events with a second person (who also used Google calendar) and events can be colour coded, so for example I have one colour for work, another for personal, a third for annual birthdays and fourth to keep track of which colour bun to put out.

Dave Todd 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Jenny C:

> ... which colour bun to put out.

That did briefly confuse me...!

OP Rog Wilko 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Neil Williams:

I have an Apple phone and have found an app called Reminders but finding it very user hostile. 

Neil Williams 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Why not just use the Apple calendar built in?

elliot.baker 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Google calendar all the way. Used it on Android for years (and PC via web browser) then when I moved to iPhone years ago just downloaded the app for iPhone and away you go. As someone said you can set individual reminders for every event (whether recurrent or one-off) that can be just a pop-up on your phone, or a full email any number of times and length of time before the event (e.g. night before, days before, minutes before).

You can also (as someone said) invite other people to events but the other really helpful thing in our household is that you can share your calendar, so me and my wife share each other's calendars so they essentially show up as one when you're looking and you can make sure you're not double booked or the other person is available for childcare on a particular day.

And being Google you can easily have it open on the PC web browser so can make additions and check on PC or phone.

OP Rog Wilko 23 Jan 2024
In reply to Neil Williams:

> Why not just use the Apple calendar built in?

I have only just found it!  I didn’t notice it, I just thought that was a clock. Doh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...