FS: Van - VW Transporter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Green (user since 10/Feb/05) 19 Jan 2024
Price: £8,000.00

Hi All,

I'm reluctantly parting with my trusty camper van -just starting to become a grown up so need the cash for a house deposit!

VolksWagon T5 Transporter -long wheel base.

159,000 miles (bought second hand at 57,000 -so most of these miles have been under my tender loving care!)

Full service history, with all servicing done by VW dealerships during my ownership (since 2017). Mechanically, it has been super reliable for the whole time I have had it. The only major work we have needed was a new gear box last year -fitted by VW.

Inside it is fully insulated (it's been really snug on several winter trips to Chamonix) which also makes it very sound proof (you don't notice much traffic noise on overnights next to busy roads). It has a brilliant 'rock&roll' bed, which also has legal standard seat-belts allowing an additional two passengers. No cabinets/sink as I use the space for bouldering mats, skis, etc but the space is appropriate for standard dimension campervan fittings if desired. The long wheel base makes it very spacious inside, even if the bed is kept down, rather than put in seating configuration.

There are a few little issues that I will sort before sale (or if preferred, you can buy as-is and they will be reflected in the sale price)... Cab internal light needs a new bulb, keys need reprogramming (they got wet and frozen winter climbing in Scotland and I've been too busy to fix them!), and there are a couple of small cosmetic things (three tiny paint chips and a (filled) stone-chip on the windscreen).

I'm currently away from home, but will be back at the end of next week so will add photos then.

Feel free to email through UKC with any questions (it may take a couple of days to reply as I'll be in and out of the mountains over the next week).

Price £8000 ono.

OP Tom Green 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Sorry for the delay… finally home and had chance to take pics. 

“We buy any car” style websites are all giving a £5k - £5.5k quote, but that is based purely on reg and mileage, and doesn’t account for the interior conversion and the brand new gear box. 

Van based near Oswestry. Come and check her out… she’s a beaut!

OP Tom Green 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

More views

OP Tom Green 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

And more…

OP Tom Green 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Finally…

OP Tom Green 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Missed one!

dingbat46 29 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Any views of the inside?

OP Tom Green 29 Jan 2024
In reply to dingbat46:

Sorry, yep. A couple of people have asked for them. I’ll put some up tomorrow morning. 

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Overview of inside

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Long wheel base means plenty of space with bed down. 

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

And even more space when the bed is in seat mode

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

View from the back (door insulation is same as interior). 

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

USB charging points (run off leisure battery) and plug sockets (run off electric hook up). 

Wiring for fridge and sink pump (we never fitted these or cabinets as we preferred the extra space). 

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Space to install standard issue VW cabinets (or great space for skis and bouldering pads!) and also showing full LED ceiling lights

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

Road legal seat belting, (with rock and roll bed mounted on chassis).

OP Tom Green 30 Jan 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

In seat mode the rear segment of bed can go horizontal or vertical for different storage options

OP Tom Green 06 Feb 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

A quick bump before I put it on EBay…

Mike Hutton 13 Feb 2024
In reply to Tom Green:

How old is it. Whats the registration year?

OP Tom Green 13 Feb 2024
In reply to Mike Hutton:

Hi Mike

08 plate. 

Just shout with any further questions. I’d much rather sell to a climber than via EBay!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...