What Goggles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stumc 08 Jan 2024

My old googles finally gave up their fight.

What are folk using for Scottish winter googles just now?

I sweat like it's going out of fashion, so happy to spend the money on a pair that stay clear and assume they will be used a night too.

timparkin 08 Jan 2024
In reply to stumc:

I got a pair of Bloc Evolution which were recommended by a guide friend (I found them for £45). They're really nice and probably a Cat 1. I also have a pair of Bolle Tracker safety glasses which are clear and great for when you're in the middle zone where you really don't want to commit to full goggles (you can get the Trackers for under £10 if you go to a tool shop). 

https://www.bloceyewear.com/bloc-evolution-e8o17-p286

https://www.bolle-safety.com/gb/tracker-TRACKERII_INDUSTRIAL.html

I'd be interested in whether anybody has found a reasonable budget Cat 0 pair of goggles .. 

Post edited at 11:13
 Fiona Reid 08 Jan 2024
In reply to timparkin:

I have Bolle Bedrock which are Cat 0 clear googles, about £35 rrp but you might find them for a bit less. Possibly not reasonable budget though... 

Mountain bike goggles are another option and often cheaper than ski or mountain brand ones. I found them way too big for me though hence bought the Bolle ones as they actually fit me.

I've used mine at night in disgusting weather on the Cairngorm plateau doing night navigation and no issues. 

Post edited at 16:16
 leon 1 08 Jan 2024
 crayefish 09 Jan 2024
In reply to stumc:

Julbo Aerospace.  Slightly wanky mechanism but it does work when open and breathes well.  Oh and it's cat 0-4.  Enough said!

OP stumc 10 Jan 2024
In reply to stumc:

Thanks for the responses folks, I ended up going for Bloc ones although not the Evolution as I figured CAT 1 was more appropriate for my needs.

They seemed to be a good cost vs quality option.

Although I did look at Needlesports too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...