UKH / UKC Supporter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 storm-petrel 22 Dec 2023

How do I become a UKH / UKC Supporter?

There seems to be an option for signing up to Supporter Plus / Rockfax, but despite saying this -

"If you appreciate the content we offer then you can help us by becoming an official UKH Supporter. To do this just make a one-off small annual payment to gain UKH Supporter status. We also offer a enhanced Supporter Plus status with extra benefits for those interested in Rockfax Digital and print publications"

- on the Supporter page there doesn't seem to be any way of making a "one-off small annual payment".

I don't need the Rockfax stuff but felt it would be appropriate to help support what is a very interesting and infomative site that is keeping me entertained at the moment whilst ill health is keeping me off the big hills.

I have tried using the email contact option but not recieved a reply.

This could be because -

I emailed the wrong person.

I emailed the right person but they are very busy.

I emailed the right person but they have had a really bad tummy ache for the past three weeks and don't feel up to responding.

Or some other reason.

Or it could be that the means of making such a payment is staring me in the face and I can't see it.

Thanks.

SouthernSteve 22 Dec 2023
In reply to storm-petrel:

The paid scheme when COVID appeared to be having a detrimental effect on the site has now ended. The best way you can be a supporter is get involved and look and click on the adverts so that advertisers get value for money.

Bottom Clinger 22 Dec 2023
In reply to SouthernSteve:

> The paid scheme when COVID appeared to be having a detrimental effect on the site has now ended. 

I know it’s ended, but how was it detrimental?

Post edited at 16:16
In reply to storm-petrel:

Hi there,

I might have missed your email. A lot of staff have been winding down for Christmas, but I'll get back to you here.

We are in the process of retiring UKC Supporter. It was initially launched during COVID when things became quite uncertain and we were doing everything to ensure the site could make it through the pandemic.

The situation at the time meant we had to rush it out. As a result we made some decisions that meant managing these subscriptions alongside Rockfax Digital was more complicated.

Thanks to everyone's support it got us through the initial shock at the start of the pandemic. Over time users began to use it primarily as a way to subscribe to Rockfax Digital as both UKC SupporterPlus and Rockfax Digital subscriptions got you exactly the same things.

This year we decided it was time to retire Supporter plans and merge all SupporterPlus into Rockfax Digital plans. It will make it a lot easier for us to manage and allow us to focus our time on other things.

We're not entirely finished with the process of removing UKC Supporter from the site, however things like posting photos to the forums will be available for free in the future to all users. We just need to work a few things out at this end. That will happen at some point in the new year now.

I hope that explains things. It might seem strange to retire something that was providing the company supporter, but it was also a burden to manage alongside our other plans.

Thanks to everyone that supported us by signing up. It really helped keep things going during covid. If you want to support the site now you sign up to Rockfax Digital, visiting UKC and UKH, log climbs, post on the forums and sign up to our newsletter.

Cheers,
Martin

SouthernSteve 22 Dec 2023
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Sorry for my lack of commas. Will do better next time!

OP storm-petrel 23 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin McKenna - Rockfax:

Many thanks for the comprehensive reply.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...