Resort transfers from Geneva

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 04 Dec 2023

I've booked a week in Avoriaz with some pals in January, all arranged privately.  Flights, accomm sorted but wondering whether anyone has any recommendation for companies doing transfers to French resorts from GVA.  I know about Aplybus; from the reviews on Trustpilot they seem to a bit marmite i.e. some love them, some hate them.  Another suggestion I've had is Alp2Alps, though there seem to be rather fewer reviews for them - although those that I did read seemed to be quite widely divergent.

A complication in my case could be that our accommodation is in Les Prodains rather than Avoriaz 1800, which is where Alp2Apls seem to run to.  Transfer to Morzine then bus to Les Prodains might be an option but I'd prefer to avoid too many changes en route.

plyometrics 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

Speak to these guys: https://www.mountaindropoffs.com/#

We use them for Chamonix all the time and they’re great. Looks like they do Avoriaz too. 

Hooo 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

I've booked a transfer with snowcompare.com for my trip in March. They connect you with a local company, and are a cheap option if there's enough of you to warrant a private transfer. This is my first time using them so can't offer a review yet though.

Summit Else 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

Just for info, the bus from Morzine to Les Prodains is a regular shuttle bus and IIRC is free.  Last time I went a lot of the transfers went to the Prodains Express Telepherique instead of Avoriaz cos why drive miles up a hairpinned icy road when there's a direct express gondola from Les Prodains.

Badpanda 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

You might want to have a look on the (very friendly) snowheads.com, where this is a very very common question.

sam@work 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

i used ski-lifts last season and have booked again for January next year. i paid just over £100 for a shared 1 person round trip geneva - morzine. i think they use any available company skiidy, mtn drop offs etc...

kathrync 04 Dec 2023
In reply to plyometrics:

> Speak to these guys: https://www.mountaindropoffs.com/#

> We use them for Chamonix all the time and they’re great. Looks like they do Avoriaz too. 

+1 for Mountain Dropoffs - they're great!

kevin stephens 04 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

They’re all much of a muchness and charge the same, any poor reviews will be down to the itinerant driver on the day, or more likely indignant customers who blame their own mistakes or misfortune on the transfer company

Jamie E 05 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

AlpyBus are great and cheap when things work (on time flight, clear roads etc..) but not helpful if things go wrong.

Mountain Dropoffs and Skiidy Gonzales cost more but are far more reliable. Both of these will take you straight to your accommodation up Prodains. I am biased though as former Skiidy driver myself

gammarus 05 Dec 2023
In reply to Martin W:

Another vote for Mountain Dropoffs - safe, reliable, friendly, good value

earlsdonwhu 05 Dec 2023
In reply to kevin stephens:

Yes, you can get efficient companies but drivers who are nutters on blind bends, in the dark and on snowy roads. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...