Roads / travel Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pad01 02 Dec 2023

What state are the roads in around Windermere / Grasmere  

Was planning a walk in that region or possibly from Lamgdale/ODG Sunday but just seen Cumbria Police are saying only travel if necessary. 

Jon Read 02 Dec 2023
In reply to pad01:

https://twitter.com/LivingTLOL/status/1731004817370157239

There's been a lot of snow, even down near the coast. It might be slightly warmer tomorrow, but sounds like there'll be a lot of recovery work to be done. 

Mike-Lea 03 Dec 2023
In reply to pad01:

The M6 around the South Lakes was horrendous last night. Multiple stranded cars & jack knifed lorries

plyometrics 03 Dec 2023
In reply to pad01:

Don’t bother. Whilst some of the main roads are moving again it’s not worth adding to any problems that still might be remaining from last night’s chaos. Can only imagine many of the B roads will be impassable currently in the national park.

To put it into context, we’re in Kendal and I measured over 7 inches of snow on top of our garden table this morning.  

Post edited at 09:42
In reply to plyometrics:

Ice is more the issue out here. It rained on frozen roads early sat am. Most of that has cleared but the lanes are variable. Sunshine today will clear all but the shadiest spots.

Getting here will be the problem, I would suggest a boat but the harbour is frozen.

blackcat 03 Dec 2023
In reply to pad01:

Unless you live close by and can walk,i wouldnt bother,also if anyone is unfortunate to twist an an ankle lets say,expect a long wait for mrt.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...