REVIEW: Rab Latok Paclite Plus - Best Sub-300g Shell for Mountaineering?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 01 Dec 2023

An exceptionally light mountain shell, with a great active cut and a surprisingly affordable price tag, the Latok Paclite Plus is hard to fault as a minimal climbing jacket, finds Toby Archer.

Read more

James123 01 Dec 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I think would be good for fell running, protective enough when needed but light/compact enough to carry, as it would be carried most of the time.

TobyA 01 Dec 2023
In reply to James123:

> I think would be good for fell running, 

Quite possibly, although I'm sure a bit sweaty. Unfortunately, mainly due to me being awful at- and absolutely loathing- going running, I never tested it for that!

James123 01 Dec 2023
In reply to TobyA:

I tend to never really run in a waterproof for those reasons, typically if I'm running in the hills (or anywhere that is even vaguely away from being able to quickly get shelter/help) I'll carry one in a running vest in case of emergencies or putting on for the last ten mins or so as part of my cool down. So I'd prefer to have a shell that also useful for walking, scrambling etc. If it's a day where a waterproof is needed to run in for extended periods from the outset I'll be at home (or in the pub!)

angry pirate 01 Dec 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I've been using mine as a waterproof for bike commuting. I've been very impressed with the breathability of the jacket and some old paclite Berghaus trousers too after 30+mins of pedalling in proper minging rain.

It's a great just in case jacket too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...