Still no ultralight rocks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ogre 22 Nov 2023

Has anyone received their ultralight rocks? I had an email saying no later than mid-November.  

PaulJepson 22 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Had an email from Oberalp on the 13th saying they had been sent but still not received. I don't know if that email meant sent from mainland Europe or from their UK distributor though. 

Tom Green 22 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Got mine. Quite a slick process. A few emails letting me know they’d received the returns and giving me a timeline for when to expect replacement. Then a call from the courier to check the delivery address was the same given the time gap. Then they arrived when they said they would. 

I know a lot of people haven’t had the same experience, but just thought I’d balance out the chat with my more positive one!

steveb2006 22 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Yes, as per Tom Green (i.e. emails and call from courier). Hopefully you will get yours soon. Arrived about a week ago.

Steve

scope 22 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

I also had an email on the 13th saying they had been sent, but still no sign of them.

HardenClimber 22 Nov 2023
In reply to scope:

The gap between 'sent' and them appearing was large...got a phone call a couple of days before to confirm delivery times.

markk 22 Nov 2023
In reply to steveb2006:

Same here. Ridiculously large amount of packaging for a couple of wires, but they arrived when Oberalp said they would.

pebbles 22 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Thanks for posting, its gone on so long I was forgetting to check!

But nope, nothing yet. Same as you really.

In reply to ogre:

Sorry you haven't received them yet, I will email and chase for you.

Glad to see that others have got there though.

CantClimbTom 23 Nov 2023
In reply to markk:

Must be very fragile?

FactorXXX 23 Nov 2023
In reply to CantClimbTom:

> Must be very fragile?

Or so light that they'll float away without ballast. 

Steve Webster 23 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

I had the same email and I’m still waiting…

Dave Baker SP5 23 Nov 2023
In reply to Steve Webster:

Same here. Two emails, zero deliveries. At least, so far.

JimR 23 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Same here email nearly two weeks ago saying replacement on way, nothing received 

Dave Baker SP5 24 Nov 2023
In reply to Dave Baker SP5:

Just got a phone call from the courier. They are delivering next week.

Hold tight everyone - they are coming!

duncan 24 Nov 2023
In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Euan, 

Thank you for keeping us all informed and for giving Oberalp a nudge from time to time. 

I returned an incomplete set in early March, had an acknowledgement of receipt email mid March, a further email shortly after saying “we would like to inform you that we have given instructions for the delivery of the replacement item/items you have chosen.“ And that’s the last I’ve heard.

I’ve (recently) emailed the serviceportal@oberalp addresss but had no response as yet. Can you help?  

pebbles 24 Nov 2023
In reply to duncan:

Also, iv had an  issue with their service portal not saving my postcode correctly, and repeating the error every time I tried to edit it. I emailed the service portal explaining that "the postcode on my customer account for delivery will not save correctly, it kept dropping the trailing zero from xx10 xxx and saving it as xx1 xxx instead, no matter how many times I tried to correct it. I'm unable to correct this from my end" 

I got absolutely no response to this,  Im hoping the rest of the address and the hand written correction I put  on the returns form will (eventually) get my replacements to the right place, but the whole process really hasnt been very good (thats edited and cleaned up from what I initially typed)

OP ogre 28 Nov 2023

any update Euan? I’m sorry to hound you about this but it does grate somewhat to buy these and not have them to use. I’ve emailed Oberalp several times and heard nothing.

Post edited at 10:36
 JimR 28 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

I’ve just had a phone call arranging delivery for this week 

helix 28 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Me too. Poor lady had 120 people to get hold of. Arranged delivery date, someone needs to be in.

Call is from 01543 number, for anyone who normally ignores numbers they don’t know! 

Post edited at 20:53
 Dave Baker SP5 28 Nov 2023

I had the phone call, the arrange of delivery date, which was today due to the insistence that someone absolutely HAD to be in to receive them.

And, today came and went.  I got a text to say it was delayed, but didn't say how long by, and offered a URL to a tracking system that needs a tracking number that I was never provided. 

I think, given my choices, I'm just going to wait longer.

PaulJepson 29 Nov 2023
In reply to Dave Baker SP5:

They said they were happy to leave them in my back garden, as long as I was okay with it.

In reply to ogre:

Hey,

I'm just navigating the German and French motorway systems. 

Will get some updates tomorrow if that's ok.

scope 29 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

I had a call from an 01543 number, asking for someome with the same surname but different first name, and a totally different address. Starting to lose hope of ever receiving these.

The returns process was really efficient, however this is now becoming farsical. Just put my wires in an envelope and post them to me!

OP ogre 30 Nov 2023

any joy Euan?

I’ve messaged, emailed and twittered Wild Country and Oberalp. No replies😭

JimR 30 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

Replacement arrived today.

In reply to ogre:

Hi mate,

Can you email me your name and email plus postcode.

euan@betaclimbingdesigns.com

Ta

Post edited at 14:50
 JimR 30 Nov 2023

I’d just say the cardboard envelope the replacements arrived in was blinkin massive 😀if the used a much smaller one they could fit through the letter box! However please to get them , I think they are a great addition to a rack

PaulJepson 30 Nov 2023
In reply to JimR:

Yeah it was A3 I think! Also got mine yesterday. 

Dave Baker SP5 30 Nov 2023

Having cancelled an appointment to be in, they didn't even ring the doorbell when dropping them off.

I now have one half of my replacements.  I had two batches sent in - they sent two separate notices of replacements being shipped but just one arrived.  So, waiting longer it is, then.

Yeah, super sized envelope here as well.  What are they thinking?!

Monk 30 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

This is possibly a stupid question, but I've just started the returns process. Printed my label off etc and just about to put in the postbox when I noticed it says 'UPS standard' on it. Am I OK to put in a postbox or do I have to find a UPS collection point?

Post edited at 20:33
 Rick Graham 30 Nov 2023
In reply to Monk:

Its a good question.

I am at the same stage now. For some reason I am assuming I get an email from WC or UPS to arrange collection. 

Edit, just looked at email  again,  clear as mud.

Post edited at 20:54
 JimR 30 Nov 2023
In reply to ogre:

I found my nearest ups collection point and dropped it off there. They scan it in and give you a receipt 

Godwin 01 Dec 2023
In reply to Monk:

> This is possibly a stupid question, but I've just started the returns process. Printed my label off etc and just about to put in the postbox when I noticed it says 'UPS standard' on it. Am I OK to put in a postbox or do I have to find a UPS collection point?

There is this groovy new thing called "Google" and if you type in something like, "How do I use UPS standard" it gives you the information. I have no idea if this Google thing will catch on, but try this https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=How+do+I+use+UPS+Standard

In reply to ogre:

Thanks for everyone's emails, I will forward to Oberalp with a large boot up the bum to get in touch.

helix 08 Dec 2023

hi Euan- unfortunately I am now in the category of those who waited all day for a delivery that never happened (sad emoji)

pebbles 10 Dec 2023
In reply to ogre:

Still havnt heard a word from oberalp since an email on 13th october to say they'd be delivering my replacements by mid november. Wouldnt mind so much except it was close to two full sets (bar one piece), as they were my absolute favourite bit of kit on compact rock

Post edited at 10:42
In reply to pebbles:

Hi,

Sorry about this. Appears December involves multiple regional holidays over there!!

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow to do some pushing.

JIMBO 10 Dec 2023
In reply to ogre:

Mine arrived on Friday 😀

No communication until a random email last week, followed by a call, and then they appeared. It's been about 8 months since I sent them back to receiving the replacement.

Glad it's been resolved and I can't wait to scratch them up 🤩

Happy Christmas 🎄 

OP ogre 18 Dec 2023

any update please? 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...