Insulated Arms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CumbrianCanary 19 Nov 2023

Hi, I volunteer as a body for the mountain rescue search dogs. In the winter months we use a buffalo sleeping bag to help keep warm. I find it works well until the dogs arrive. I'm thinking of adding some arms to the bag to allowed to stay warm whilst rewarding the dogs.

So I'm wondering if anyone has an old battered Buffalo jacket or similar (preferably in green, to match the bag and ensure I'm not seen easily) lying about in which the sleeves are OK. The bigger size the better as I'll have a jacket on already. I did think something like the paramo torres arms would be useful as wwll, but can't find any on ebay.

Cheers

CC

mutt 20 Nov 2023
In reply to CumbrianCanary:

I used to have an army surplus sleeping bag with arms. something to do with holding a gun I guess but maybe you can find one of them. the arms would work just as well for petting dogs. it also had a unzipping leg section that would allow for quick retreat if the hounds aren't friendly. You'd have to keep your boots on though.

Andrew95 20 Nov 2023
In reply to mutt:

Off the top of my head I think its the German Army sleeping bags that have the arms? 

Dutch Maori 20 Nov 2023
In reply to Andrew95:

Yes, I used to have one, when I was in the army, bought as surplus. To be honest, it wasn't that good. Didn't stand up to -20 sitting in a M109..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...