A History of Climbing in Leeds & The Leeds Uni Climbing Club. Help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joefraser 18 Nov 2023

Dear all,

I am currently looking into putting together a comprehensive history of the Leeds University Climbing/Mountaineering Club and its members. If you have any knowledge about its early days, or the period when you were active in the club (or knew about it), it would be much appreciated!

I anticipate this being a long project with many threads that need tying together and so if you can offer any help on filling in the gaps, it would be much appreciated. For context, my hope is that i can compile all the information into a 4-5 page document which will be placed in a future Leeds Climbing Journal, so that the history can be properly recorded. 

If anyone is interested in collaborating on this i would welcome any suggestions. Any photos, old copies of the Journal, references to the club in other documents, names i can follow up, contacts etc. you have please send them my way and share with your friends. Many thanks.

Joe.

Doug 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Joefraser:

didn't you post somethig similar a few months ago ? or was that someone else from Leeds

In reply to Joefraser:

The obvious person to contact is Bernard Newman. My brother John would also be able to help, if he’s not busy.

Will Hunt 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Joefraser:

If you can find a copy of Slack by Dennis Gray then that's got quite a bit of info (I don't have a copy myself else I'd send it over).

Neil Foster Global Crag Moderator 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Joefraser:

I was going to email you some info, Joe, but you’ve set your UKC account to not accept emails…

OP Joefraser 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Doug:

That wasn't me but if you can find the post i'd be interested to see if somebody else is working on this. thanks

OP Joefraser 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

That would be great, i've actually tried to get in touch with him before but to no avail so let me know if you're able to help 

OP Joefraser 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Neil Foster:

Hi Neil,

You should be able to now, cheers.

OP Joefraser 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Will Hunt:

I've managed to source a copy, many thanks.

Pedro50 18 Nov 2023
In reply to Joefraser:

> That wasn't me but if you can find the post i'd be interested to see if somebody else is working on this. thanks

I think Doug is referring to your involvement with the recent excellent journal, where you had previously asked for information.

In reply to Joefraser:

Yes, I’ll let you know later. Have to shoot out now.

Offwidth 19 Nov 2023
In reply to Joefraser:

Did you mean a 45 page journal Joe... might be tight for space with photos ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...