Resoling with "no edge" at Cheshire shoe repairs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wjvt 14 Nov 2023

I'm planning on getting some vapour laces (the old yellow and black version) resoled at cheshire shoe repair with some xs grip 2 as I'll mainly be using them as a smearing shoe for the gritstone. I've found in the past that new or newly resoled shoes with a sharp edge are actually a bit naff for grit smearing and I see there's an option for a no edge resole at cheshire shoe repair. Anyone had any luck getting a no-edge resole on a shoe that's designed to have an edge? Or am i best off getting the edge put back on and bedding it in?

C Witter 14 Nov 2023
In reply to wjvt:

I think the edge has little to do with it. You're generally not even using the edge of the shoe when smearing, so why would it have anything to do with it?

But, a Vapour is a very stiff shoe. I'm sure it can smear pretty well, but maybe you'd find a slightly softer shoe helpful.

wbo2 14 Nov 2023
In reply to wjvt: I'd think that by now the midsole has softened a bit so they'll be a bit softer.  I've had a pair resoled with Grip2 before and they worked rather well so I'd go for it.

HeMa 14 Nov 2023
In reply to wjvt:

I had this done a few years back by Greek ShoeDoc George on purple 510 Quantums.

For the exact same reasons, I found that I preferred those Quantums the Most, just before they wore out in the soles.

so can be done, but might depend on the shoe in question.

nawface 14 Nov 2023
In reply to wjvt:

I'd use llanberis resoles for a job like that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...