Superlight Rocks Recall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Graham 19 Oct 2023

Starting a new thread as the old ones are now archived.

Finally got round to returning my superlights today. 

However the recall announcement stated all superlights made prior to December 31 , 2022 but the recall notice gives a list of serial numbers batch codes that are affected.

My ten year old superlights have 0120CE plus three letter codes, only ones purchased about 4 years ago have serial numbers matching the recall list.

Are they all in the recall?

This question had been asked on the archived  threads but not answered at the time .

CurlyStevo 19 Oct 2023
In reply to Rick Graham:

Is it possible WC regard those old ones as past their obsolescence date?

beardy mike 19 Oct 2023
In reply to Rick Graham:

Hi Rick, they would definitely be affected as the construction has been the same since the start. Question is obsolescence I guess.

Dave Baker SP5 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Rick Graham:

I emailed to inquire about my older superlights and sent in a photo.  Customer service said the older ones which predated the list of affected serial numbers were NOT part of the recall, but I was still welcome to send them in for replacement.

HardenClimber 20 Oct 2023
In reply to Dave Baker SP5:

> I emailed to inquire about my older superlights and sent in a photo.  Customer service said the older ones which predated the list of affected serial numbers were NOT part of the recall, but I was still welcome to send them in for replacement.

I had same response and they have just despatched the replacements.

FactorXXX 20 Oct 2023
In reply to beardy mike:

> Hi Rick, they would definitely be affected as the construction has been the same since the start. Question is obsolescence I guess.

According to the User Manual, the potential lifespan of metal products is unlimited: 

beardy mike 20 Oct 2023
In reply to FactorXXX:

Fair enough. I can definitely state with 100% confidence that the ferrule is aluminium in early units though so I'd say Rick should enquire. I'm sure Euan will be along shortly.

OP Rick Graham 23 Oct 2023
In reply to beardy mike:

Thanks Mike and everybody for useful replies.

I will take my superlights to the shop i bought them off, see what happens. Will report back.

Doing a bit of testing with a strong magnet, easiest way to check if stainless or galvanised steel , though some stainless is magnetic apparently, I just got some strange results.

Strong attraction to the wires on some superlight sizes but not all. 

Older Size 1 strong

Older Size 2 to 6 weak

Newer size 3 strong

Also noticed that of the three size 3s I have , the oldest is smaller than the other two . The larger two are almost the size of an old 4.

Should maybe on the other thread, but also found that some cams have stainless stem wire, some galvanised. Most trigger wires are galvanised.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...