Kettlewell Crag, Kendal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petegunn 18 Jul 2023

Just came across a really old guide for this crag via Lakesbloc and it looks like there are over 40 problems recorded, put up by Si O'connor (so not sure if they really exist or not 😉) and possibly Dave Birkett!

Just seeing if anybody has bothered to go and have a look as theres nothing on ukc, proper esoteric but there might be something worthwhile or not!

Exile 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Is this the one off one of the paths up to the golf course? 

plyometrics 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Kettlewell is pretty much directly behind our house and can confirm I’ve never bothered taking my pad there. I’d file it under “a bit shit”. 

Apologies to anyone who thinks it’s any good!

Dark-Cloud 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Last time i walked past it it was full of empty lager cans, broken glass and old fires, i remember going up there as a teenager bouldering for hours (i don't think we called it that then, was just climbing) i doubt it would have the same appeal now

net 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

I love a bit of esoterica even I think it's pretty uninspring.

Purple 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Back in the mid eighties parts of Kettlewell were really quite good. My school pals and I bouldered there a lot and I doubt we were the first.

Now overgrown and a load of kak unfortunately. 

Aled Williams 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

Went there during lockdown as it used to be a 10 minute walk from my house. I did some traverse thing on the upper part of the crag but didn't do any established lines. 

I thought it was alright and broke up the hangboarding ! 

Jim B 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

bouldered there in the early 80's, as Purple says...it was less overgrown back then. Close to home and with a lot of imagination it was ok. Now it is overgrown and 'kak'.

Or visit Helsfel Cave instead?

GPN 19 Jul 2023
In reply to petegunn:

That topo is a work of genius The Eliminates Wall is the only bit that’s still worth climbing. I made a terrible low quality video of one of the eliminates a few years ago:  youtube.com/watch?v=tswQRKTTz-Y&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...