Long shot: looking for British Mountain Guides advert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey,

A bit of a long shot, in the 90s the BMG had some adverts made up, featuring Mark Diggins wearing a purple fleece. The strap line is something like, ‘he trained for ten years of his life so you can have the best day of yours.’ 

I have no idea where these adverts were published, presumably in the outdoor press?

Can anyone else remember these, and if so can you point me in the right direction. Or, even better, if you’ve got a copy could you send a pic of it please.

Thanks,

Tom

galpinos 18 Apr 2023
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide:

Are you looking to recreate them now you are the proud* owner of the pin badge?!

*not being facetious, I would be more than proud!

In reply to galpinos:

Ha! No - I’m working on a marketing plan for the Association and a copy would be helpful. 

Andrew Wilson 18 Apr 2023

I would try looking in some old guidebooks. I’m sure I saw something like this recently. 

Andy

philipjardine 18 Apr 2023

pretty good strap line for today I would say.  The purple fleece may be the tricky bit

ExiledScot 18 Apr 2023

Old copies of High magazine, on the edge etc.. or the bmc and various associations. They might just have archived copies of every issue. 

Or http://www.markdiggins.com/markdiggins.com/Welcome.html

He might have kept a copy for posterity.

jon 18 Apr 2023

Ask Digger, unless you're trying to surprise him, of course.   

John Lyall 18 Apr 2023
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide: If Mark Diggins doesn’t have it, it might be worth trying John Taylor, as that advert was what inspired him to become a Guide.

All the best,

John

In reply to John Lyall:

From the man himself…

John Lyall 19 Apr 2023
In reply to Tom Ripley Mountain Guide: Great! I’m glad you finally tracked it down. Who is that young guy?

TobyA 19 Apr 2023

It's funny I had no memory of the ad at all when you described it, but seeing that now I definitely remember seeing it in the mags back in the mid 90s maybe?

In reply to TobyA:

I can’t remember where I saw it previously either. 

I think it’s got to be early 90s, as there is no 1 at the start of the phone number, according to wikipedia that was added in 1995. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...