7 litres of Primus free to anyone who can meet me in Oslo 11.3.23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 norrisdan71 07 Mar 2023

I’ve got approx 7.5 litres of primus/Coleman/ white gas which I can’t use (and BA are belligerently refusing to let me take as carry-on in place of a laptop) which is yours if you can meet me at the train station/Thon Hotel in central Oslo next Saturday morning 11.3.23 (or at a pinch late night Friday at the train station). Bit niche I know but it’s worth a fortune bought off the shelf in Norway. PM me if you want it.

MisterPiggy 07 Mar 2023
In reply to norrisdan71:

I can't take you up on the offer, but I'm always impressed by the generosity of UKC folks. Thank you !

markk 07 Mar 2023
In reply to norrisdan71:

Shared with some Norwegian relatives!

TobyA 07 Mar 2023
In reply to norrisdan71:

> I’ve got approx 7.5 litres of primus/Coleman/ white gas which I can’t use (and BA are belligerently refusing to let me take as carry-on in place of a laptop) 

BA are being belligerent in not letting you take a large can of highly flammable liquid onto a plane as hand luggage? Some years ago I got told a small jar of sweet pickle was a liquid so I couldn't have it in hand luggage - I think not allowing you to take a shed load of petrol on board is a lot less unreasonable!  

Roberttaylor 07 Mar 2023
In reply to norrisdan71:

They won't let you take it on because it is a liquid. But there's no law against saturating your clothing with it and travelling with damp luggage, just saying. 

In reply to TobyA:

> I think not allowing you to take a shed load of petrol on board is a lot less unreasonable!

I don't think the OP was being serious about that...

HeleenW 07 Mar 2023
In reply to norrisdan71: 

great offer, I can meet you on Saturday or Friday evening. I sent you an email, but there was an error message. Let me know if you didn’t get the mail. Thanks, Heleen

OP norrisdan71 07 Mar 2023
In reply to HeleenW:

Hi Heleeni, I’ve sent you a pm.

thanks Dan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...