Insurance, ante atlas morocco

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tlm 14 Jan 2023

So, who are people using as insurance for destinations outside of Europe these days?

The BMC want crazy money, more than the cost of our trip!

I've looked at the Austrian Alpine Club, for medical and repatriation services, and obviously would then need to buy travel insurance on top of that.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions or good ideas?

Godwin 14 Jan 2023
In reply to tlm:

I use sports cover direct, because they cover touring bikes and for an annual policy for trips up to 60 days, it costs £150 ish, world wide ex America, seemed good to me.

For Car Excess, Leisure Guard, who include Morocco with Europe.

Have a great trip.

OP tlm 14 Jan 2023
In reply to Godwin:

Thanks. Does that cover trad climbing, and repatriation if necessary?

Martin Haworth 14 Jan 2023
In reply to tlm: I already have a travel insurance policy so I bought a climbing policy with Sport covet direct to cover 10 days in Morocco for about £40.

Dave Williams 15 Jan 2023
In reply to tlm:

Prior to the last two trips to the Anti Atlas,  (most recently in Nov-Dec 2022), BMC insurance was my automatic, go-to choice. However the increased cost, as mentioned above, made me look for other options.

For both of the most recent trips, I've joined the AAC and have then taken out top-up holiday insurance with another provider. (I do have travel insurance as part of my home insurance, but Morocco is excluded. As always, it's worth checking the small print!) Other fellow members of our Anti Atlas group did the same, increasingly so for the 2022 visit it seems.

Having now joined the AAC for 2022-23, I intend doing the same for my next trip in a few week's time. Otherwise I'd be seriously researching Sports Cover Direct, either for a comprehensive policy or as a top-up, as both are offered as options.

HTH 

Dave

Martin Bennett 06 Feb 2023
In reply to Dave Williams:

Hiya Dave - like you I use AAC insurance for Morocco trips and always have, but I also buy their top-up to increase the standard hospitalisation cover to €500,000. It's very reasonably priced.

I use Sportscover Direct for USA trips where $illions needed for such cover. Haven't been able to consider BMC or Snowcard since their age loading for over 70s has at times reached X3!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...