For sale - bottle of Prime

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
In reply to wilkie14c:

Before Christmas I was in an Asda supermarket and there were loads of kids at the checkouts who were buying Prime bottles with most carrying 2-4 each. Also, saw one trolly being pushed along that was mainly full of the Prime bottles and little else.

Had no idea why at the time, but they were selling fast in that store. The power of influencers!

In reply to wilkie14c:

No KSI stats yet, then...?

F**k me, people are stupid.

plyometrics 30 Dec 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

> F**k me, people are stupid.

Yup. It’s behaviour like this that adds credence to my view that, as a species, we’re f&@cked.

aln 30 Dec 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

I'm surprised they haven't been sued by Amazon.

Snyggapa 31 Dec 2022
In reply to plyometrics:

Agree. 100 years and we will be little more than a mysterious radioactive smudge for future intelligent life to discover, and cockroaches will smugly return to their place as the dominant species on the planet

mountainbagger 31 Dec 2022
In reply to Snyggapa:

> Agree. 100 years and we will be little more than a mysterious radioactive smudge for future intelligent life to discover, and cockroaches will smugly return to their place as the dominant species on the planet

A well hydrated radioactive smudge though

Rob Parsons 01 Jan 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

> Feckless iijits

Well, social media sells crap, doesn't it? It's all about shilling rubbish, conning the gullible, and making a profit.

But anybody getting too sanctimonious about the 'Prime' drink should remember that this social media site advertises the million-dollar-an-ounce 'Friction Labs' chalk, and that feckless iijits must be buying the stuff.

Michael Hood 01 Jan 2023
In reply to plyometrics:

> Yup. It’s behaviour like this that adds credence to my view that, as a species, we’re f&@cked.

Brave New World - it's necessary to keep the deltas and epsilon's happy 😁

Ciro 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> But anybody getting too sanctimonious about the 'Prime' drink should remember that this social media site advertises the million-dollar-an-ounce 'Friction Labs' chalk, and that feckless iijits must be buying the stuff.

🤣

Robert Durran 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Rob Parsons:

> But anybody getting too sanctimonious about the 'Prime' drink should remember that this social media site advertises the million-dollar-an-ounce 'Friction Labs' chalk, and that feckless iijits must be buying the stuff.

Nonsense. We all know it's all about marginal gains when pushing one's limits. And they come at a price, whether in friction or in hydration.

78Andy 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

What cost of living crisis ?

Dax H 01 Jan 2023
In reply to wilkie14c:

Ffs, some people are too dumb to be let out on their own. 

On one hand we have a cost of living crisis and a massive rise in food bank use and then people are paying £2  for 500ml of water mixed with coconut water. 

In reply to Robert Durran:

No, it might be about marginal gains for elite performers who have already exhausted any more fruitful areas of potential improvement. But for 99% of people the limiting factor in their performance isn’t their chalk brand or their choice of near identical electrolyte drink.

This isn’t a Tour de France frontrunner trying to gain an extra .005% reduction in air resistance. It’s a load of teenagers buying a fashionable drink for the perceived status it gives them. It’s about marketing, profit and group identity, not  “marginal gains”. Same goes for the chalk.

Post edited at 12:21
 Lankyman 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Dax H:

> On one hand we have a cost of living crisis and a massive rise in food bank use and then people are paying £2  for 500ml of water mixed with coconut water. 

Well I for one am happy to pay a premium to look cool. A couple of days ago I shelled out £33 (well, £13 with my gift voucher) for some Peter Storm walking shoes. I shall expect to turn heads with envy as I fly round the the paths. Otherwise, they're back to the shop.

plyometrics 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

You shouldn’t joke about stuff like this. 2023 could well be the year Balenciaga and Peter Storm end up doing some kind of w@nky fashion collab. I can see the $3,500 snakeskin cagoules already…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...