Nutrition/sport science reading recs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

There's not a nutrition forum, so hope this is appropriate.

I'm looking for recommendations on books about nutrition/bio chemistry/physiology to better understand things such as training and fat metabolism, impact of micro/macros on training, nutrition science etc. Something to support some of the ideas about nutrition in TFTNA.

As you can tell from this post I don't really understand it properly!

I was looking for something by Rebecca Dent who is associated with Uphill Athlete/ TFTNA but don't think she's written a book.

Any suggestions welcome 

climbingpixie 07 Sep 2022
In reply to OneBeardedWalker:

Not a book so I don't know if you'd be interested but the Science of Sport podcast is really interesting for stuff like this. I've learnt so much stuff about things like the effect of temperature on training, nutrition, heart rate variability, the effect of the parasympathetic nervous system etc. Their website links to a lot of scientific publications, though mostly journal articles so you'd either have to ask a friendly academic for access (or try to find a working scihub link).

https://sportsscientists.com/publications/

In reply to climbingpixie:

Brilliant thank you, it's much appreciated. I'll have a listen and a read.

bouldery bits 07 Sep 2022

I would recommend 'Racing weight' by Matt Fitzgerald. If you ask your OMM partner nicely, he may have a copy to lend you! 

Nb, I still don't understand it fully and last night I ate a tin of beans on top of a pitta bread. 

George Ormerod 07 Sep 2022

I’ve just discovered Sigma Nutrition Radio podcast. It’s excellent for evidence based sports nutrition advice. 

In reply to bouldery bits:

Sounds like a delicious dinner and an excellent recommendation. I will ask my OMM partner nicely, perhaps he'd consider a temporary loan of it in exchange for MFT's 'Poison'...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...