Multi fuel lantern?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jack Luke 30 Aug 2022

We’ve really got into camping with a screw-on lantern in recent months. It provides an appreciable amount of extra warmth and the light is very pleasant. It also uses next to fuel IME.

We’ve been using a boggo Amazon jobbie and have no complaints so far: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B084T11GT9

However, acceptable as the lantern is, I would prefer to be able to use it with liquid fuels.

Why?

• I’ve got a Primus stove with the multi fuel conversion kit and, while gas is usually fine, Coleman fuel is dirt cheap and easy to find
  • However, travelling with the lantern limits us to canisters unless I want to carry two fuel types (and I do not)

My question:

• Does anyone know of a similar screw on lantern that will work with multiple fuel sources?
  • Alternatively, is a conversion for this style of lantern viable? I will admit to having zero knowledge in this area but don’t mind fettling
 gethin_allen 31 Aug 2022
In reply to Jack Luke:

A conversion for a gas lantern to use liquid fuel would probably be quite difficult to achieve as they wouldn't have a generator loop to vaporise the liquid fuel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...