Salewa boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wainright 17 Mar 2022

Hi folks,

Anyone on the forum wear Salawa brand boots, I am just trying to get an idea if they are a narrow fit in general? Can't purchase from stores as I need a small size 3.5, so would need to be ordered online. Thanks so much

65 17 Mar 2022
In reply to wainright:

I have a pair of their boots (size 45) from a few years ago, they are pretty narrow and I love them. The uppers have been very durable and if I ever find the same boot for sale I'll buy another pair. However not all boot models will necessarily have the same width and volume profile so at least make sure it is easy to return them and get a refund.

Kryank 17 Mar 2022
In reply to wainright:

I have had a pair of boots (Rapace GTX) which I still use as my bad weather winter walking boot and a pair of Wildfire approach shoes. The wildfire lasted about 18 months and 1500 miles before they fell apart. 
both I found a snug narrow fit in my usual 45 shoe size. 

hope that helps

Ryan

ScraggyGoat 17 Mar 2022
In reply to wainright:

In my size, 9.5 I’ve found the MTN trainer and the Crow narrow at the heel and relatively broad at the front, they have just enough space to cope with my little piggy bunions  You find several threads on UKC recommending for wider fore footed individuals.

Both the trainer and the crow are not particularly durable.  Don’t expect more than a year, or less if active, if subjecting to Scottish bog,  heather and track bashing.

Post edited at 15:51
OP wainright 17 Mar 2022
In reply to 65:

Thank you

OP wainright 17 Mar 2022
In reply to Kryank:

Thank you

OP wainright 17 Mar 2022
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

Many thanks, I would just be looking to use them for the summer months and would like something more flexible, so the mountain trainer might be worth a look. Don't particularly need wide fitting, but have to wear a toe separator, so need a little bit more width.

greg_may_ 17 Mar 2022
In reply to wainright:

I too have a pair of Crows - the fit is great for me, no heal movement, nice amount of space in the front. Switched to them as my old Scarpa boots were just to uncomfortable to ignore.

I've been happy with them in winter/spring , but use something a lot lighter in summer (Salomon X-Alps) 

In reply to wainright:

I have several pairs of Salewa from the Mountain Trainer boot, Vulture and Hike Trainer (size 40). I also use toe separators and arch supports and find them all comfortable with plenty of room.

Sportshoes.com selling Hike Trainer at £99.99 from £199.99 and they have your size (3.5)

In reply to wainright:

If you are anywhere near kirkby Stephen then mad about mountains stock a broad range of Salewa boots, worth making the journey if you can.

I bought a pair of salewa crows a few months ago. very impressed so far. lightweight, very comfy. I'd say they are fairly narrow but foot shape matters so try if you can. 

OP wainright 18 Mar 2022
In reply to greg_may_:

Thanks so much

OP wainright 18 Mar 2022
In reply to Alastair MacSween:

Thanks Alistair, I was also looking at the Alp trainer, do you also think this is worth a look..I'm getting so fed up of ordering and returning boots, it's now a full time occupation 

OP wainright 18 Mar 2022
In reply to paul_the_northerner:

Hi, thank you, Not sure if they willhave the small size 3.5 that I need, but will check the website

Mike-W-99 18 Mar 2022
In reply to Alastair MacSween:

> Sportshoes.com selling Hike Trainer at £99.99 from £199.99 and they have your size (3.5)

https://www.sportsshoes.com otherwise you end up on a cyber squatting domain!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...