Water resistant noise cancelling headphones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Baron Weasel 01 Jan 2022

Happy new year all!

I'm starting a new job next week which is in a noisy damp environment and I'm looking to get some headphones so I can listen to music. I've never had any expensive headphones before and know very little about them tbh. 

I'm also looking for advice on what to play music from, I have streamed music through YouTube before but the adverts spoil it most of the time. Mrs weasel has suggested spotify premium so I can download music to my phone but I have wondered if a separate dedicated device would be better?

I can budget probably a couple of hundred if needed as I'm looking to invest in the right thing and the new job marks a significant pay increase. 

The Norris 01 Jan 2022
In reply to Baron Weasel:

If you're likely to have adequate phone signal you can stream music via Spotify, rather than having to download it to your phone. That is how I listen to music these days. I have a premium family account with my wife, I think it's great.

In terms of headphones, I've got jabra elite active 75t Bluetooth headphones which are waterproof, and again, fantastic. I was a little apprehensive about getting these as there are negative reviews on amazon, but looking at all the high end bluetooth headphones you'll see similar negative reviews. It seems to come down to how well they fit. For me, they fit very well and I can hear very little outside noise (unless I activate the hearthrough option), and they don't fall out even when I try to make them fall out.

I previously tried some cheap Chinese bluetooth headphones but the battery stopped holding charge in one of them after a couple of months. You might get lucky with some, or you might not!

Dax H 01 Jan 2022

I would give a thumbs up to the Jabra Active Elite but, when you say noisy can you clarify.

If it's noisy to hearing protection levels you will need something that is actually rated for noise protection and they will need to be assessed to see if they are suitable for the environment.

Too low an SNR level = hearing damage, too high an SNR level = you might not be able to hear things you need to hear. 

OP Baron Weasel 01 Jan 2022
In reply to Dax H:

They were people wearing headphones when I was there, it was noisy but probably quieter than a bar on a Friday night in normal times. 

OP Baron Weasel 01 Jan 2022
In reply to The Norris:

I'll have a look at those, there's some half price deals by the look of it. 

I had been thinking about an ear defender style rather than in-ear, but it could be better actually. 

Decisions decisions!

Hooo 01 Jan 2022

I started a thread on this a few weeks ago, although it wasn't about waterproof ones. I've still not made a decision, but a common response was that over ear headphones are far more effective than the earbud style. So if you're happy with over ear, you should definitely go for that option.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...