Board style boulders in the UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dinodinosaur 21 Aug 2021

I've spent a lot of time being confined to training on a moonboard which has been great fun.

I'm after suggestions of board style problems in and around North Wales, Dorset and the Peak to have a look at when I get back while I'm feeling good on that style.

Cheers all 

Si dH 22 Aug 2021
In reply to dinodinosaur:

Pillbox Wall and Rhiw Goch would fit the bill in North Wales. I'm still getting to know the bouldering in Wales so I'm sure there are more good options.

There are lots of peak lime crags where board climbing is pretty transferable even if the shapes of the crags are a bit more varied. Rubicon is a good example. 

Mike Nolan 22 Aug 2021

GOP Cave bouldering is like a steep 60° board. Pretty basic square on movement. 

Also agree with Pillbox and Rhiw Goch as suggested above.

Post edited at 08:50
 Ben Farley 22 Aug 2021

As already suggested, North Wales has loads, across the grades. Problems on the main block at sheep pen. Harvey Oswald at the pit, Ogwen.. Wonderwall, Crafnant. In fact, an awful lot of Welsh venues have at least something that has board style movement. 

Ally Smith 22 Aug 2021

Outside of your geographical remit, but the steep side of  The Bowderstone is the most board style outdoor climbing I've come across. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...