AALA requirement question.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 14 May 2021

A freencer friend has been asked by a school to take 6 kids and 2 teachers up Pen y Fan, he called me to ask if he would need an AALA licence, my short answer was I don't know. I'm guessing he does but wondered if it's needed a he will have teachers with him.

Anyone know for sure?

I have a licence so I'm literally asking for a friend. 

djwilse 14 May 2021
In reply to Tony the Blade:

The best advice is to contact AALA to ask them, they are generally very helpful. Some people will say if the friend is being employed by the school (and paid PAYE, under school insurance and operating procedures) then this is covered by the schools system (no licence needed), if they are truly freelance - own insurance, invoicing, their RA then licence needed. I have in the past operated under other (friends) licences to cover this.

jezzah 14 May 2021
In reply to djwilse:

I agree about contacting AALA directly, they are going to give you the best advice.

For what it's worth, my rubric is (and I too have an AALA licence), who is running the trip? is it the school (with asssistance) or your friend? Who does the responsibility lie with for the safety of the young people.

jezb1 14 May 2021
In reply to Tony the Blade:

As a work around the school could use your company and therefore your license, and you employ your friend to do the work.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...