Tarn Crag scramble

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bryp153 25 Sep 2020

Hi looking for advice on approach to East rib/the spur on Tarn Crag. We tried to follow directions about starting near a holly tree from 'Scrambles and easy climbs in the lake district' guidebook but really struggled to find a route. Any direction welcome! East Rib (Grade-2)

Jon Stewart 25 Sep 2020
In reply to bryp153:

I don't think I followed it either - it's not a good scramble. Can't say much more than that. Now I just do the polished route up the best bit of the crag, maybe a diff? I find it OK in trainers as it's on good rock with big holds. 

OP bryp153 25 Sep 2020
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Ah interesting, ok thanks might look for that then instead! 

Mark Eddy 25 Sep 2020
In reply to bryp153:

Can't help with the exact start and route, but aiming for the lowest rocks towards the right end of the crag and follow the scrambling line works. It gets a bit grassy in the mid section, going rightwards here leads to more good rock before broken scrambling leads to the top.

The Groove is a more continuous line and can be found near the left end of the crag, near another holly! Many variations exist, on most you will find comforting holds.

UKC Forums 28 Sep 2020
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

HILLTALK
A general forum for topics relating to hillwalking. Discuss walks you have been on, great scrambles, the best ridges, Munro-bagging and longer multi-day walks.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...