Bio Diversity Metric -2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pete Pozman 16 Jul 2020

I've been up to my oxters in opposing a planning application. The Ecologist whose methodology I asked about in an earlier thread was using Bio diversity Metric 2. I was accurate in criticising his assessment of the site. He has to carry out another biodiversity audit but they passed the application anyway. So a massive boo hoo  here.

I never got to thank all the people who tried to help out on the last thread. So thanks to all even the guy who called me a Nimby.

Timmd 16 Jul 2020
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Is there nothing more you can do, like writing to the local papers and direct action perhaps?

It worked in Sheffield to do with the trees.

You may have a more honest council, and not be burdened with South Yorkshire Police, too, there's been dishonesty and subterfuge amounting to gagging orders of council members of staff in the Sheffield tree saga, and the police were found to be acting unlawfully.

Now may be the time to dig in your heels as a village.  

Post edited at 22:33
 Timmd 17 Jul 2020
In reply to Pete Pozman:

Hopefully you won't have the awfulness of those in charge which we have in Sheffield.

scott culyer 17 Jul 2020
In reply to Pete Pozman:

no probs. the bm2 is the latest biodiversity accounting tool from defra. the home secretary has the power to overturn planning decisions i would write to him but i wouldnt hold your breath.

OP Pete Pozman 18 Jul 2020
In reply to Timmd:

> Is there nothing more you can do, like writing to the local papers and direct action perhaps?

> It worked in Sheffield to do with the trees.

> Now may be the time to dig in your heels as a village.  

This is just the latest of a series of crushing defeats for the village.The villagers are tired of losing. I am tired of the toll it has taken on my personal life. It's made me cynical about politics on all levels. Most of this is a result of the hollowing out of local government by the centre. It is going to get a lot worse. 

The Planning Case Officer has driven the whole thing. Historic England wrote to them raising legal points. We commissioned a Heritage Appraisal. The Local Plan has specific site requirements and the Council's own Conservation Area Character Appraisal has a checklist for change. None of this mattered. We have an overwhelmingly Tory Council which dominates the Planning Committee. They are old men with antedeluvian attitudes who have no understanding of conservation or climate issues. The chair and vice chair displayed astonishing levels of ignorance. 

It was worse than I could have imagined. 

It's very kind of you to offer support. Being a climber I am very aware of the Sheffield tree battle. 

I suppose the answer is for everyone to get involved and stick with it. 

OP Pete Pozman 18 Jul 2020
In reply to scott culyer:

> no probs. the bm2 is the latest biodiversity accounting tool from defra. the home secretary has the power to overturn planning decisions i would write to him but i wouldnt hold your breath.

We're exploring Judicial Review. I'm not holding my breath... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...