Feature on new down jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The New NickB 24 Dec 2019

I don’t buy new kit much these days, a combination of owning lots of serviceable kits and not doing as much as I once did. Anyway, I recently retired my 25 year old ME lightline jacket and also thought that my 15 year old TNF redpoint was really not as warm as it once was, so was on the look out for either a down or latest generation synthetic lightweight jacket.

As luck would have it I chanced upon a Montane featherlite  jacket at less than half RRP. Seems a nice bit of kit. I’m slightly confused though. It’s got a hood, which was one of my must haves, it’s got a toggled cord to adjust the volume of the hood, however as well as a toggle the cord is threaded with a hook, the sort you would use to attach the cord to some more cord, I just can’t work out why.

Any ideas? It’s not a big deal, I didn’t even notice it when I bought it. Just intrigued!

GarethSL 24 Dec 2019
In reply to The New NickB:

If I understand your description correctly it may perhaps be a means of stowing away the hood? Maybe you can roll the hood up and attach the hook to the hanger loop... Or something.

Also, on the subject of montane. There is quite a fair bit of it floating about in Tkmaxx at present!

Edit: to quote Montane “Internal elastic loop and hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down whilst not in use in windy conditions"

happy Christmas 

Post edited at 17:25
OP The New NickB 24 Dec 2019
In reply to GarethSL:

That could work. Yes it was a TK Maxx purchase.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...