Van camping near Manchester City Centr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
monsoon 14 Nov 2019

Hey

Can anyone recommend anywhere to van camp within easy nightime access to Manchester city centre? Looking for somewhere where I’m least likely to get woken up by some fool trying to break into my van! 

thanks 

Tyler 14 Nov 2019
In reply to monsoon:

Just overnight or longer. Where do you need to be in the morning? Do you need access to any facilities?

monsoon 14 Nov 2019
In reply to Tyler:

Just overnight. Facilities a bonus. Easy to get to after a few beers in town. Following morning doesn’t matter. 

Tyler 14 Nov 2019
In reply to monsoon:

The only place I can think of with unrestricted parking within walking distance of the city centre is the area around Dantzic street and Strangeways. These have the advantage of being near bits of waste ground where you could go for a pee in the night but they aren't crime free. Nice residential areas in the south of the city might be ok but no where is crime free really. Public toilets open 24/7 in Manc are the on the ground.

Man city 14 Nov 2019
In reply to monsoon:

Kelbrook road is ok. It’s north east of city centre, maybe 30 min walk, of metro stops aren’t miles away. It’s on an industrial estate( where Eccles cakes are made) and I park there all the time when I go to the match, but there is the mandatory scaly/enterprising kid to look after your car for a quid. If I was gonna spend the night in my van in Manc, that’s where it would be.

hope this helps.

mart

In reply to monsoon:

Have a look at stalybridge or greenfield easy train to Manchester Stalybridge has a bar good Ale 

greenfield has parking at Tesco and is the Chew Valley gateway

deepsoup 15 Nov 2019
In reply to Tyler:

> The only place I can think of with unrestricted parking within walking distance of the city centre is the area around Dantzic street and Strangeways.

I'd add to this that if you're concerned about someone trying to break into your van (with good reason possibly) - there's an open-air car park with a security hut manned 24/7 there too, on the site of the old Boddies brewery (corner of Great Ducie Stree and Trinity Way).  It'll cost you a few quid obviously.  If you park up out of the way and are reasonably discreet the staff won't hassle you while you kip in your van for a single night.

PS: If you're having a few beers be *very* discreet about street parking - if you attract the attention of the police and you're over the limit you'll very probably end up being done for 'drunk in charge' and losing your licence even if it's bloody obvious you have no intention of driving the van.  There might be a slightly higher police presence in that area than you expect if there's a gig on at the arena.

Post edited at 06:19
 laurie 15 Nov 2019
In reply to monsoon:

Hi Where I live in Northenden theres a little park with  plenty of parking just of palatine road. You can get a 20minute  bus journey straight into town  this is the post code is for a takeaway that is on the corner of palatine road and mill line Oriental express. The park is on mill lane M22 4ET

Loz

Clauso 15 Nov 2019
In reply to Tyler:

> ... Public toilets open 24/7 in Manc are the on the ground.

How true... Sadly.

I assume that you omitted 'thin', but it works regardless.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...