Osprey Customer Service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tjdodd 24 Oct 2018

Wanted to say how good the Osprey customer service is. 

I've got an old Osprey pack (at least 10 years old now) and managed to damage the foam support (got bent).  Contacted Osprey customer service and was very honest that the damage was my fault and was willing to pay for a replacement.  After a couple of emails to confirm exactly what was needed they sent one free of charge by next day delivery.

Really impressed and means the pack should have another few years as still in overall really good condition.  Now if only the fast fashion industry could learn something from this we might not waste so many resources.

PPP 24 Oct 2018
In reply to tjdodd:

I have ripped the rucksack in few places. Shot them an email asking if they do provide repair service - sent it to them, fixed for free and so well that a year later I could not find the patches! 

It's incredible how good some outdoor brands are at this. Montane, Osprey to name few I had to deal with. Meanwhile, Mountain Equipment refunded the cost of the jacket and gaiters as drawcords failed for each of them within a year. I am sure I was just unlucky, but still not happy! 

Pedro50 24 Oct 2018
In reply to tjdodd:

Yes excellent. They replaced the lid zip in my Exos 48 rucksack without quibble, and Thermarest (replacement mat). Current bogeyman are Black Diamond and Nordisk. 

Emily_pipes 25 Oct 2018
In reply to tjdodd:

Osprey are great.  Eight-ish years ago, I bent the frame of an Osprey Kestrel by putting a rope and rack into it too many times (it's not really a climbing pack...whoops), and I posted here asking for repair advice as I thought I could bodge something to get the pack through a few more years.  The Osprey rep saw the post, got in touch with me, and sent me a Mutant free of charge.  Mutant is still going today and they've been great about posting me the occasional replacement buckle. 

Don't get me started on Paramo, however. 

tehmarks 26 Oct 2018
In reply to tjdodd:

Arc'teryx customer support were also really good recently in sending me a replacement sternum strap after I lost the original flying unexpectedly with my Alpha FL as hold luggage earlier in the year. Not a big part, but no fuss or drama in getting one sent out. I was a bit surprised because I've heard some poor stories about their customer support when it comes to things like leaky jackets.

It's episodes like this that guarantee companies like Patagonia, Osprey, etc will always get my business.

gravy 26 Oct 2018

Agree the same about Osprey - top service when I broke a buckle.

Hats off to Black Diamond, DMM and Petzl too for similar service.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...