Yosemite Kit Rental

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kermit_uk 08 Oct 2018

Just wondering if anyone has recently rented a portaledge and any other big wall gear in yosemite. Heading there next and starting to sort kit etc. Any thoughts and experience greatly appreciated.

Cheers

oliwarlow 09 Oct 2018
In reply to kermit_uk:

As far as I know there isn't  anywhere you can rent that kind of thing, the mountain shop rents bouldering pads/shoes, but I don't think gear unless you are with one of their guides.

There is a healthy second hand market of gear in camp 4 (three ledges currently for sale on the notice board), or just make friends with your big wall campsite buddy (buy them beer, hump loads down from El cap for them etc) and you never know they might loan you something.  

Chris Sansum 09 Oct 2018
In reply to kermit_uk:

Last time I went (over 2 years ago), Erik Sloan offered portaledge rental - maybe try emailing him? 

Cheers,

Chris

OP kermit_uk 10 Oct 2018
In reply to kermit_uk:

Cheers both.

Don't want to risk getting out there without the needed gear and will wanna get straight on a wall. 

Cheers will try sending him an email incase 

Kemics 11 Oct 2018
In reply to Chris Sansum:

Erik Sloan is the man. 

He is an incredibly friendly and helpful dude. He leant us a rope while we were in the valley and we just chatted to him randomly in the meadow. His new guide book should be out by now, which has rack recommendations for individual pitches (very helpful)

He was saying that once his book launches he's thinking about creating a kit hire co-op for ledges and hauls bags etc to make yosemite more accessible for traveling climbers. But i doubt anything will be up and running yet.

james wardle 11 Oct 2018
In reply to kermit_uk:

If you  want to take one out with you i have one you can borrow 

OP kermit_uk 11 Oct 2018
In reply to james wardle:

Cheers all, will email My Sloan! James will send you a DM!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...