Wild fire at St Bees Head

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JonnyB 22 Jun 2018

Hi folks, I was just wondering if anyone knows how the recent wild fire at St Bees is going to affect climbing at St Bees in the northern areas? Obviously the other sectors are out of bounds anyway due to the seasonal ban and I imagine this is going to continue for some time as the birds are allowed to rehabilitate.

From what little I know it appears the fire is in the southern areas where the poor birds are. Genuinely mega gutted. I hope what damage has occured is minimal in terms of how it's affected the colonies although it's inevitable there's going to be some of them caught in it.  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-44566725

Post edited at 12:49
 guy127917 22 Jun 2018
In reply to JonnyB:

I have no information to contribute I'm afraid. Also sad to hear about this- we were there the day before and barely did any climbing because we ended up just staring at the amazing bird colonies (made a video  vimeo.com/275212145) as well as a friendly seal.

tmawer 23 Jun 2018

In reply to Jim 1003:

Is it possible there may be chicks not yet ready to fly, or eggs? 

sheelba 23 Jun 2018
In reply to tmawer:

As it says in the article if he’d bothered to spend 30 seconds skim reading it

OP JonnyB 23 Jun 2018
In reply to sheelba:

Thank you for your positive input Sheelba... *pats on head*

Here's hoping they aren't too affected Tmawer, or at least will recover in a timely manner .
Pretty gutting. I still haven't heard much about northern access yet, again, here's hoping we can get down there to climb still. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...