Itinerary for hiking trip to Slovinia.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Russell Lovett 17 Jun 2018

I,v just booked a flight for one week (first week in July) to Slovinia. This was a last minute impulse trip as the airfares were quite good, have never been before so im now scouting around for places to visit hiking/photography will be top of the list so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for must do hikes, dont mind staying in a hut overnight or a bit of Via Ferata and Triglav is already on the list as is Lake Bled. I will be camping and have a car so im quite flexable on venues, although i dont whant to spend half the days driving. I do have a walking guide coming from amazon, but thought id gleem your first hand knoledge as well. Cheers in advance for any replys.

mysterion 17 Jun 2018
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Prisank to Triglav via Razor and Stenar looks fun, there is a hut around halfway

d80f0u 17 Jun 2018

Vogel is quite a nice objective, cable-car accessed for a shorter less-challenging day. If you're keen on early 20th-century history there is also some interesting historic walking along the former Rapallo border (Yugoslavia-Italy, not the current border) with plenty of pill-box style defensive emplacements and a mostly intact barracks to explore on the way. The shop Kompas in Bled sells some decent local guidebooks too.

Jamie Hageman 18 Jun 2018

One week is not long!  Spik is a good scramble via the normal route and a spectacular summit to get to.  The most beautiful peak in the area in my opinion is Jalowec.  Not as easy to get to the summit, but a great mountain to look at from surrounding mountains.

Have fun!

Jamie Hageman 18 Jun 2018
In reply to Jamie Hageman:

Hi Jamie, your right 1 week is not enough, but have only just got back from 2 weeks in Yosemite so was suprised when the wife said i could go to the alps at such short notice and so soon after my Yosemite trip (see my gallery for photos). Although i will rent a car im now thinking of getting high and doing a 3 or 4 day hut to hut. Guide book comes today so will look for possible routes then, will need one where i can get public transport back to the start and car. If anyone has any suggestions on 3/4 day hut to hut that would be great. Im going on my own so can please myself as to what, when and where i decide. Ok with exposere, VF and scrambling (climb roped up to E2 although mostly lower grades now) also navigation is not a prob. Cheers again for any info or advice.

Toerag 18 Jun 2018

You are quite likely to find snow on the higher peaks so be prepared to deal with it. The Slovenes also seem to have a bold attitude to protection on the via ferratas whereby sections you'd expect to be wired if you were elsewhere in the alps won't be. You'll have some big vertical distance days as well, there's little lift infrastructure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...