Hot weather Lightweight Trouser Recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt250 22 May 2018

Hi. I'm going hiking in a hot climate but need trousers to keep bugs off etc. Can anyone recommend some lightweight trousers that are good for hot climates, ideally relatively quick drying as well. Thanks in advance.

hbeevers 22 May 2018
In reply to Matt250:

Paramo or crag hoppers nosilife would fit the bill.

In reply to Matt250:

If it is a properly hot climate (and not what the Brits call "hot") you really have to wear shorts. Getting hot and sweaty in trousers just attracts flies and mosquitoes. If you insist on wearing long trousers to traverse areas of thistles, brambles etc, the way to go is with hiking/climbing trousers that have removable legs, e.g., those made by North Face. I always take these on my travels.

Pipecleaner 22 May 2018
In reply to Matt250:

Patagonia RPS pants (yes thats trousers to us).

Lightweight comfy and super hardwearing for their lightness...smart looking too.

i bought a pair initially at full price and like them so much i bought a second pair at full price...almost 3 years on and they are worn almost daily...casually, walking, scrambling and climbing. Both pairs showing very little sign of wear.  Best trousers i have owned.  Good in heat but surprisingly wind cutting if its cooler too.

highly recommended.

MonkeyPuzzle 23 May 2018
In reply to Matt250:

Montane Terra. Light, reinforced where it counts and with great venting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...