Ultimate Direction SJ Ultra Vest repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rob sykes 02 May 2018

Have had this pack for a couple of years and (most of it) is still going strong.  However, the elastic bungee retainer at the top of one bottle pocket has snapped and the other is on its way. 

I'm looking for a company to repair them.  Lancashire Sports Repairs is looking like the best bet but I'd welcome any other suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

In reply to rob sykes:

If it's this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ultimate-direction-sj-ultra-vest-20/

then I'd suggest taking it to any high street clothing repair shop; it looks like the bungee cord is fixed at each end of the sleeve. All you'd need to do is unpick the bar tacking that hold the cord in place, thread in some new bungee cord (you might have to supply that; plenty of online and highstreet sources), and then bar tack the ends in place again.

You could even do it yourself, by hand, if necessary.

IainWhitehouse 04 May 2018
In reply to captain paranoia:

Unfortunately it can mean unpicking a lot more than that because of the slide rails (iirc)

IainWhitehouse 04 May 2018
In reply to rob sykes:

Hi Rob,  The distributors have an official repairer that they use for some things. It is possible that they could help. You can email them direct on customerservice[at]betaclimbingdesigns.com

rob sykes 11 May 2018
In reply to rob sykes:

Thanks for your replies. The guys at Outside pointed me up the road (literally) to Alpkit who have a fully kitted out repair room. Picked up my repaired sack today and it looks like they’ve done a great job - for £5! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...