iPhone case with leash

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bpmclimb 26 Apr 2018

Can anyone recommend a company that makes heavy-duty iPhone cases with a reliable leash (or strong leash attachment point). Im specifically after one for 7 plus. Thanks.

wilkie14c 26 Apr 2018
In reply to bpmclimb:

I think otterbox lead the way in tough phone cases, not cheap though

Wee Davie 26 Apr 2018
In reply to bpmclimb:

iPhone 7s are fairly waterproof so I just bought a cheap and chunky case for mine on eBay for 99p.  Search for tough case and lowest price and there they are. I just checked and they are still available at the same price. I simplified it by removing some of the hard plastic components leaving me with the grippy, chunky rubber bit. I added a loop of very thin tat as a lanyard by drilling 2 very small holes in an upper corner. It does me and it's 100% easier to handle than the 'bar of soap' feel you get using a thin silicon cover.

OP bpmclimb 27 Apr 2018
In reply to wilkie14c:

> I think otterbox lead the way in tough phone cases, not cheap though

As far as I can see, none of their products feature a leash or strong attachment point for one. Perhaps I missed something?

OP bpmclimb 27 Apr 2018
In reply to Wee Davie:

Thanks for the ideas. To be honest, the very low budget solution of modifying, drilling holes etc., is of less interest to me - having forked out £430 for my phone, I don't mind spending a bit more on a tough case, but I do want a leash/lanyard on it, with a strong and reliable attachment point. In the near future I'm going to be 500m up steep ground, and the strength of the case won't do me much good if I drop the phone - it'll be gone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...