Walking for Mental Health - The Thru Hiker

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 19 Apr 2018
Walking provides time to leave life's clutter behind and focus on ourselves, which could help initiate a healing process, 4 kbPhysical activity boosts mental wellbeing, and it seems going for a simple walk is one of the best things you can do. In this series we speak to people who have found walking an effective response to issues with mental health - this week, writer Keith Foskett.

Read more
 stayfreejc 20 Apr 2018
In reply to UKH Articles:

Great article. I can really relate to this. In February this year I was driving to work at 6am completely down and confused. By 7am I had booked a week off work for two weeks ahead and went and walked the West Highland Way solo, wild camping every night just to be away from civilisation for a while. I had done it before but not on my own. I found it very insightful. The human mind is incredibly complex and being in turmoil for no apparent reason is so frustrating. I'd love to be emotionally clever enough to work out my own internal dramas. All I do know is hiking, camping, climbing etc, works brilliantly as a kind of therapy. Thanks for the great read. 

Post edited at 06:14

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...