Mountaineering jackets any good deals around?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone Muppet 03 Feb 2018

It's 20 years since I've had to buy a jacket (North Face one delaminated but they wouldn't honor the supposed lifetime warranty... I know, right?)

What are the good deals these days?

Ideally not something too pricey as I don't want to have to be precious about it. But not so cheap it's crap and falls apart, leaks, isn't at all breathable, etc. Willing to consider both lightweight and heavy, and also non-waterproof stuff like Paramo as well.

Martin Bennett 03 Feb 2018
In reply to Stone Muppet:

What size are you? I'm selling a Haglofs Krios jacket, medium, green. It's lightweight (approx 350g) with 3 pockets, foldaway hood,  soft material at collar, velcro wrist fasteners. Material is Haglofs own take on Goretex called Haglofs Proof. Had it for a while and worn it only around town - tags are still attached and in the chest pocket - so it's as good as new really.

Email me if any good to you. I can take photos if required.

Post edited at 15:34

Try Outdoor Action in Blackburn. They have a huge selection that are often heavily discounted, especially their slight seconds. Lots on the bargain rails in the shop but they have a website too.

OP Stone Muppet 03 Feb 2018
In reply to Martin Bennett:

Alas think I'm large but will get back to you if I turn out to be wrong there

angry pirate 04 Feb 2018

Needle Sports have some cracking deals on Crux jackets at the moment. 

Martin Bennett 04 Feb 2018

Thanks for your reply. I'm a 40" chest and 33" waist (would that it were less!) and the Haglofs fits me well with room for layers under.

Incidentally I can endorse the earlier suggestion of Outdoor Action in Blackburn Lancs. Been going there for 30 years or more. Best jacket shop by far for range and deals.

Post edited at 09:20
 Alex Riley 04 Feb 2018
In reply to angry pirate:

I bought a crux jacket from V12 for a bargain price and have been very happy with it (after a month of wintery adventures in the Cairngorms)

In reply to Alex Riley:

Lifetime warranties are for the lifetime of the JACKET not your lifetime. If you buy a jacket when you're 15 and live to 105 you can't expect the manufacturer to keep replacing the product when your rucksack finally rubs through the shoulders, or prolonged use finally kills the membrane. If the jacket hasn't been used in the 4 years since you bought it but the zip breaks that's still within the lifespan of the jacket, so covered. Get it?

20 years of use sounds like a fair range for a waterproof jacket. 

In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Look up mate, I think something's just gone over your head...

T.

In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Ha, working in outdoor retail has probably got me a bit oversensitive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...