Questions about the BMC Organisational Review Group's Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spenser 25 Nov 2017
As part of the BMC Organisational Review the ORG are taking questions about the report at org@thebmc.co.uk, I would imagine that many of the people reviewing the report will be coming up with the same questions so I thought it would be helpful for people to post the responses here.
The two I raised at the area meeting were:
Are recommendations 6 and 19 linked to prevent policy drift away from what member's want? Answer was yes.
Who would be the none voting members mentioned under recommendation 11? Answer, young people under the age of 18 who wouldn't be able to vote under the existing rules anyway.

I have a few more questions to ask the ORG when I get time, the area meeting was pretty busy so I chose not to trot out all of my questions in one go!
 oldie 25 Nov 2017
In reply to spenser:

If its that simple why didn't they just say in point 11: "young people under 18" instead of "non-voting associate members"? This could have been a simple, exact statement.
Likewise point 19: "The BMC should implement a Technology based Annual Member Survey" Full Stop. The reason for each point should be clearly stated. Although perhaps obvious not everyone will concentrate enough when wading through the details.
 JR 25 Nov 2017
In reply to spenser:

> Who would be the none voting members mentioned under recommendation 11? Answer, young people under the age of 18 who wouldn't be able to vote under the existing rules anyway.

Thanks for raising them. The answer here, just to clarify, was an example of possibility, rather than a recommendation in and of itself.
 Offwidth 26 Nov 2017
In reply to JR:

I got that view ....you said as an example.
OP spenser 26 Nov 2017
In reply to JR:

Sorry, I should have clarified that, hopefully you'll get some good feedback to the report.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...