Dow Crag First Aid Box

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Caldwell 18 Sep 2017
Does anyone know when the Dow Crag first aid box was destroyed? I've done a search but can't find any mention of it. Judging by the state of some of the pieces it was some time ago, but I'd have expected the mess to have been cleared up by now.
 Bulls Crack 18 Sep 2017
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I looked across at it from the other side of the Lake in mid-July but didn't notice ay bits - just the blue box.
 pauldrew 18 Sep 2017

I was going to ask the same question, noticed this last Friday, 15th Sep 2017. Quite a mess - I've uploaded a couple of pics and will add a link to them when they are approved. The stretcher and a couple of lengths of rope are still there.
 JeffCarroll 19 Sep 2017

I can shed some light on it!

It's been dismantled because it was getting very dilapidated. Coniston MRT is in the process of replacing it with a nice new, but still blue box. It's made and is aimed to be installed sometime in October.
I understand the wood was originally stacked but it's possible that the unusually high winds (even for Dow!) for the time of year has scattered it all a bit. Disposal of that is also planned for the near future.

It's (sort of) part of Coniston MRTs 70th anniversary celebration!

pauldrew 19 Sep 2017
In reply to JeffCarroll:
Good to know there is a plan here - it is an eyesore at the moment, you can see the debris from Goat Tarn at the bottom and it has been scattered about quite widely. Must have been pretty windy because there are some big pieces that have gone a fair distance.
Post edited at 10:47
J1234 19 Sep 2017
In reply to pauldrew:

> Good to know there is a plan here - it is an eyesore at the moment, you can see the debris from Goat Tarn at the bottom and it has been scattered about quite widely.

You could have popped up and stacked it nice and neat, no one would have told you off

JeffCarroll 19 Sep 2017
In reply to pauldrew:

Yep, so I see. Mind you there's a fair bit of windage on sheet of marine ply, and if other stuff is stacked on top...! Glad I wasn't in the way!
 boots 19 Sep 2017

I dismantled the box a few weeks ago, I was on my own at the time and couldnt remove the stuff. It was in a neat pile ready to be removed but I havnt had a chance to get back up there recently. It will be cleaned up very soon with a shiny new box....... Apologise that the wind has blowen it about....

Regards Rob Jones
CMRT
Assistant team leader
In reply to boots and JeffCarroll:

Thanks both - good to hear that it's a planned replacement rather than mindless vandalism!:

J1234 20 Sep 2017
In reply to boots:

Its a surprise the Ulverston branch of the SAS MRT team has not been up there and restacked it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...