KPMG survey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 28 Aug 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/27/million-skilled-eu-workers...
OK, so lots of people don't like living in a country where people want to come to live and work and pay taxes etc etc. I think they might find it's better than living in a country where immigrants decide to take their talents elsewhere.
 wercat 28 Aug 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

my lads are half German and they've already got half an eye on working there
 girlymonkey 28 Aug 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Sadly this is no surprise. It is very sad though
 Chris Harris 28 Aug 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

KPMG's past record with large figures leads me to view anything like this with a certain amount of skepticism.
 Big Ger 29 Aug 2017
In reply to Chris Harris:

A survey of 2,000 EU workers in Britain by KPMG, the professional services firm, found that 55% of those with PhDs and 49% of those with postgraduate degrees were either planning to go or were actively considering it.

So class, out of two thousand people surveyed, around half were either "planning" or "considering" leaving the UK.

What can we deduce from this?
 summo 29 Aug 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> A survey of 2,000 EU workers in Britain by KPMG, the professional services firm, found that 55% of those with PhDs and 49% of those with postgraduate degrees were either planning to go or were actively considering it.

The actual data would be more useful. Of the 2000, just how many had phds so when they say 55% you know how big the field was etc.. if they only spoke to 9 people it would not really mean much, but if 1990 were PhD level obviously the statement has more impact.

Big Ger 29 Aug 2017
In reply to summo:

Exactly.

"Actively considering it" is rather meaningless too. It could mean, "on the verge of planning", or "if things change radically for the worse for us over the next ten years, we may have to make plans."
 pec 29 Aug 2017
In reply to Rog Wilko:

> OK, so lots of people don't like living in a country where people want to come to live and work and pay taxes etc etc. I think they might find it's better than living in a country where immigrants decide to take their talents elsewhere. >

On the other hand, they might be able to afford a house though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...