Aiguille Alpine Expedition Rucksacks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'm considering buying an Aiguille expedition rucksack (either Verte or Jorasses) for an upcoming extended trip across the North Highlands.

I already have an Osprey Atmos AG, but need something more simple and robust, and with a larger capacity. I've tried an old style canvas Macpac Ascent in the past, but have since sold this on.

I've had a look on the website, but I wonder if anyone would be able to offer their own experiences of using any of the 'bigger' Aiguille rucksacks. A photo of them in action would be even better, in order to judge the size/shape - this is a bit difficult using the photos on the website.

Many thanks in advance.
 PGD 18 Apr 2017
In reply to Moorland-wanderer:

sorry no pics but they are the best. Pop in and have a chat with them if you can.
 danm 18 Apr 2017

I had one years ago, it was a Droites 55+15L pack. Size wise, the capacity was greater than others advertised as being a similar volume, you could carry a hell of a lot of stuff but still pack it down small when less full. Absolutely bombproof, it survived 10 years of daily use working in the outdoors, being run over by a minibus, a couple of tumbles off crags, the works. Carried on using it for another 10 years until I wore out the bottom of the pack fabric. I don't think there is anything else on the market to compare, if you want a simple, no frills pack that will take some serious hammering, get one. Shape wise, it was a simple cylinder, load carrying system was simple and effective but the pack needs to fit as there is no real back adjustment (these are a waste of time imho).
 norrisdan71 18 Apr 2017
No photos I'm afraid. I've got one of the jorasses: ace rucksack, solid, reliable and comfortable. I'm a chronic overpacker and there's always been enough space for my stuff, easily contained enough for a weeks winter backpacking. I've ski-toured with mine too and although I'm still a crap skier I found pack stable enough. Highly recommended.
 Rick Graham 18 Apr 2017
In reply to danm:

>. Shape wise, it was a simple cylinder, load carrying system was simple and effective but the pack needs to fit as there is no real back adjustment (these are a waste of time imho).

Aiguille do sacks with and without back adjustment systems.
Removed User 18 Apr 2017

Mrs B has a Dru pack and rates it highly. It is simple, robust and generally perfect, and made and sold by a bloke in Cumbria which is a plus, if like me you care about things like that.
 danm 18 Apr 2017
In reply to Rick Graham:

Good point Rick, I was discussing the one I had but I think the bigger Expedition packs may have a webbing ladder style length adjustment?
 stratandrew 18 Apr 2017

Ive sent you a dropbox link. My 65+15 Verte is a brilliant bit of expdition kit.

Andy
 CMoore 19 Apr 2017

I work at Aiguille and as such obviously don't want to offer up my opinion as I'm sure I am bias! However, Im glad to hear that others like their sacks!

In terms of images of them in use, please feel free to drop us an email at sales@aiguillealpine.co.uk and we can send across some images of the sacks in use for you to get a better idea of their shape/size. Better still pop in for a chat/look at the sacks if you are local.

Chris.

Just to clarify, the larger expedition sacks do have some adjustment in the back for the shoulder straps, but this does not adjust the overall back length. However, we will just make the sack the right size to fit you!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...